Motorola Droid 2.1

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by danDroid, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osyrus42

osyrus42 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, put on your tin foil hats cause it's Conspiracy Time!

What if our update is getting delayed because Moto wants to implement Motoblur on the droid in the next update, but Google doesn't want them to? Perhaps Moto is getting annoyed with Google and wants to distance themselves a bit by bringing in their own (already designed and working) UI. By following the Google update plan instead of their own, they will always take 2nd seat to the N1, where as if they implemented some of their own features they could feasibly better compete with a more powerful device by being able to add features of their own choosing? This only comes to mind because I've been seeing a bunch of preview clips for ads by Moto during the superbowl. A lot of them are Motoblur specific (meaning they aren't ONLY for the Devour). Just a thought...........argue amongst yourselves :)

2. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree about being patient about 2.1, but youre wrong about the entitlement. We were all promised certain features/functions of this phone both in advertisements and on web-sites (motorola/verizon), and in sales pitches, etc. A LOT of them were not and still are not available on this phone. We were told they are coming. That induced us to buy. We are entitled those features. Thos features come inthe form of update. /end.

Though I agree that people are over-reacting and need to chill out and back off of this thread, your rant does nothing to help the matter. In fact it makes it worse because now people react to it, like me, and now Im a hypocrite in doing so. The best thing to do is let them freak out and run it's course and ignore it, or let the mods handle it, or point things out in responses that are actually directed at a question or topic at hand. That's just my opinion though, I guess You can do as you please and the mods as they please.

#1238 pudah, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
  3. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Closed for cleaning

4. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    **reopened**

Please stay on topic ladies and gentlemen.

It makes my life easier and saves you from losing a few posts after you just spent a good amount of time writing them: )

Thank you

5. choklitcow

choklitcow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I FINALLY GOT AN UPDATE TODAY!!

(It was for twitdroid)

6. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Is there an official place to get 2.1 apps? I have this site bookmarked, flan (eclair) gallery 2.1 with multi-touch or pinch-to-zoom ported to droid | droid life but they didn't put up the 3d multi-touch gallery until after I got it elsewhere through a link on one of the forums here. I know this is a little off topic as it isn't about the official update but it is a way of getting some of what might be in that update.

And speaking of promises...while I wasn't offered an update promise when I got my phone in november I'm pretty sure I was promised Flash in early 2010.

7. MarkDF

MarkDF Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I realize this thread is now purely for entertainment and humor sake, but my input is to say forget 2.1 as Google has released it. Of MUCH MORE concern is bug fixes and basic functionality.

2.1 should be:

1. BT voice dialing
    2. Gmail app able to display inline images
    3. UI speed improvements

8. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most of us that got the Droid when released knew that in a short time something newer would be coming down the road. That said, I've been satisfied with the Droid. For pretty much everything - Droid Does. When the updates come out take them and use them. This phone was marketed as basic open source phone without the bling that was on the Eris. The Droid is already being modded and better thing are being added as the modders fool around with it. We'll get the update, whenever it's ready. It looks pretty clear now that the Droid was kinda rushed to market as it first came out. There were too many issues and phones returned for it to be ready for prime time. Doesn't mean I'm not happy with the Droid though. Maybe the marketing deadlines had something with the release date. There was way too much money invested and reputations at stake to make too many mistakes. Hopefully the update will finally make even the hardcore Iphone fanboys say WOW.

9. Magdroid

Magdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, we knew our phone would be outdated. What we didn't know is that it would only be in the matter of 3 months. We figured when we bought it that we would have the most up-to-date google phone for at least a year. Then, we all could upgrade to the next if we wished. We however, DIDN'T know that google would release a new OS and a new phone just a couple months after the Droid. And again, that is why we are all :mad:.

10. onefix

onefix New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget:

4. Exchange (ActiveSync) fixes
    5. Official App2SD support

11. MrKleen

MrKleen Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm on my 3rd Droid due to bugs and reboots and horrible sound quality. The camera is terrible.... I just factory reset my 3rd droid the other day. The last time I took it in the salesperson said she would go to a different phone. The problem I told her is that Verizon doesn't have any other phones. From what I understand, Verizon has had hundreds of thousands of Droids swapped out due to defects.

We ARE entitled to updates to fix our issues.

12. gregsjh13

gregsjh13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just root your phone everyone..its worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
android 2.1.187 reset

content

droid 1 place droid2

droid ultra dac

frutavie frustration
motorola 198.16.51
motorola a159