Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo3

Reaction score
Wow. That sucks....oh well.

Wonder how many pissed off people there will be now in the Droid community. So much expectations and I just ROFFLE'd at the stripped version they're gonna give us.

dashnu

Reaction score
I'm a bit bummed about this also.. I just wonder for what reasons are we not seeing these 2.1 features...

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
Im going to wait and see what we actually get. It sounds like they may have just seen a test build on the droid. Maybe they werent incuded because they are already known to be working

kevsauce

Reaction score
I personally am not too in love with the new App drawer (am using it in Sholes mod). I like the old app drawer, but I didn't like how it didn't scroll smoothly. If they make screen switching and scrolling fast with the official 2.1 (while live wallpapers would be cool, I don't really care) - I might switch back to official 2.1 when the time comes.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually like the 2.1 launcher. Well let me reword that. I WOULD like the 2.1 Launcher if it was correctly written for the Droid. Currently it is a little flaky and is crap in Landscape mode, which is needed with the slide out keyboard IMO.

Other then that, I already have the voice keyboard and gallery and everything else of use from 2.1 and I don't need animated wallpapers. I think they would lose their "coolness" after a week or so since there are only so many of them and they probably waste battery.

So anyway, I don't mind waiting on 2.1, I have my SholesMod / Bugless Beauty & Beast / AdamZ roms to keep me happy :)

diverbelow

Reaction score
The N1 app drawer is nice, but I really like having the 5 home screens along with the cards and the dots for the different screens.

What I also like to know if we are getting the updated gallery as well. Yes, the 3D is cool, but I like how you can arrange the photos by the date.

Chillson

Reaction score
I just wanted the 5 home screens, only reason why I haven't rooted my phone or tried any of the other home replacements, because I assumed we would be getting it in the next update.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Lol it says that it is not completely done and it says it is on version one I am sure will see everything

Correct this is not the final build. They have not received the final yet. Whether the Droid gets the full package is still unknown until VZW recieves the final package.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I like the way you think.... :)

I actually like the 2.1 launcher. Well let me reword that. I WOULD like the 2.1 Launcher if it was correctly written for the Droid. Currently it is a little flaky and is crap in Landscape mode, which is needed with the slide out keyboard IMO.

Other then that, I already have the voice keyboard and gallery and everything else of use from 2.1 and I don't need animated wallpapers. I think they would lose their "coolness" after a week or so since there are only so many of them and they probably waste battery.

So anyway, I don't mind waiting on 2.1, I have my SholesMod / Bugless Beauty & Beast / AdamZ roms to keep me happy :)

rp683

Reaction score
True... Let's wait and see because so far this could just be another rumor.

Let's hope we get the FULL build. It would be nice to have the latest build on a two month old phone!

pennypritty1

Reaction score
:mad::mad:shoot, I'm bummed. I wanted 5 screens more than anything else. ...:mad::mad:

Where does it say in there that it doesn't have 5 screens? All it says is that it has the same pull up app drawer. Could still have 5 screens.

*sigh* I really hope it does. I really wanned that and Flash more than anything but ... I just hope we do get the 5 screens... *smh* :frown:

pennypritty1

Reaction score
so we wont be getting the live wallpapers huh? oh well, the look nice but i think i can live with the wallpapers i have.

Agreed. I like using my own picture choices for wallpapers... What I would really like is for them to remove the aspect ratio lock so that pictures (for wallpapers at least) could span across the 3 screens more anamorphic-like. Or even allow you to choose how many screens it spans across. :icon_eek:

The ratio lock annoys me cuz I like to change my wallaper pix quite often. :heart:

pennypritty1

Reaction score
uhhh, why can't we edit our posts? (I hate making typos) Is this prelude to them closing this thread down? *brow*

swallman

Reaction score
I hope this isn't the case (i.e. the version of 2.1 for the Droid not having the same features as 2.1 for the N1).

If so, this is a significant issue for how Google is handling Android - too many different versions out there. So what would we have now ?? 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.1 (Nexus One), 2.1 (Droid)

Way too much fragmentation going on. If Google wants to really get Android to take over, they should almost mandate that phones be upgraded to current versions. Not sure how well that would work, but this is getting ridiculous. I'm sure developers don't like it either because so can't rely on certain features being available in specific phones.

therock

Reaction score
First of all I am annoyed no one caught onto my date joke... I said Feb 10, 2011 - get it?

Second of all right now the voice recognition software from google is a bit of a joke - is 2.1 an upgrade and better?

No. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.