Motorola Droid 2.1 in-call volume messed up.

JMSaviour

Reaction score
So I've had my Motorola Droid, currently running 2.1, not rooted, for a few months now with no problems I couldn't handle. Yesterday I got a call, answered it, and couldn't hear the person. In-call volume was at max and it felt like it was on the very first notch. I tried using Volume Control app and turning everything all the way down, making a call to Voicemail and turning in-call all the way up using the physical side volume control buttons. Didn't help, I tried speaker and again, it feels like it's on the very first notch.

My speaker works just fine for music and everything besides calls. But turning on speaker during calls makes it feel like it's on the first notch, so I'm assuming there is nothing wrong with my speaker, and because of this, I assume it's software-related not hardware. I tried a factory reset to no avail. Any ideas?

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I haven't had this issue, but I know that others have. One thing you might be able to try, is download quick settings from the market (free.) It has a volume control page that will show you the volume settings you currently have. I think the theory, is that somewhere along the line, an app or the os changed a hidden setting somewhere. Try quick settings and see if it helps, hope it does!

OP
J

JMSaviour

Reaction score
So I'm like 98% sure it isn't a hardware thing. I can hear skype and fring calls on and off speaker at normal volume. It just seems like the phone apps in call volume is messed up. I'm hoping froyo will be my savior, but I already did a factory reset so I'm kind of doubting it. Any advice?

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
I had the same problem as you. I didn't use Skype, but regular phone calls were difficult on the handset because I could hardly hear the other person. Bluetooth and speakerphone was fine, though.

My solution: I called Verizon and they sent me a replacement Droid:)

mendy817

Reaction score
i've had that happen to me before... its just kind of a freak thing, i just tell the person i'll call them right back and it works fine

OP
J

JMSaviour

Reaction score
This happens on all my calls. sent and received. Anyone know of any kind of an app to replace the core phone app?