Motorola Docking station

Silver Member
Reaction score
my DROID stays lit. if your device is plugged into the wall, yours will stay lit too. you don't need an app for that.

Thanks for the idea. I like having ready access to the memory card. Connecting to the PC remains my preference. So I am still hoping for the perfect App.
home - menu - settings - applications - development - stay awake will do it.

really though, you don't need to be tethered to your PC. you can wifi browser your SD card and your network shares from the DROID. tethering is yesterday's technology.

The Miz

Reaction score
can't believe I waited 3 weeks to get the docking station, this will be key for work and for at home charging...

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
No... just like many of us have the new music player from 2.1 and the 5 screens from 2.1 etc.. there is an APK that is in one of these threads that has the new Docking Station software from 2.1.

I don't recall which thread but I'm sure with a little searching you can find it. Everything is different in the 2.1 Docking Station software - it looks way better, the dimmer really dims - and after 5 minutes it changes to a green clock that moves around your screen. The bottom of the new screen has the same functions but it looks like they are on frosted glass - just very cool.

When (and if) the official 2.1 update hits our phones, will it do these cool things automatically when docked to the original Moto Dock?

TIA

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes,

The moto dock is merely a charger with a magnet to activate the phone mode. The 2.1 update will give us the new dock software plus all of the other features of 2.1 you see on the Nexus.

That's why I'm not rooting - I'm waiting for the official update. But in the meantime you can download the apk's and install them without risk right now.

There is a list of them here...

Nexus1 2.1 apps now available for Droid, no root necessary. - Android Central Forums

No... just like many of us have the new music player from 2.1 and the 5 screens from 2.1 etc.. there is an APK that is in one of these threads that has the new Docking Station software from 2.1.

I don't recall which thread but I'm sure with a little searching you can find it. Everything is different in the 2.1 Docking Station software - it looks way better, the dimmer really dims - and after 5 minutes it changes to a green clock that moves around your screen. The bottom of the new screen has the same functions but it looks like they are on frosted glass - just very cool.

When (and if) the official 2.1 update hits our phones, will it do these cool things automatically when docked to the original Moto Dock?

TIA

Reaction score
Got the Motorola car mount and am very pleased with it. It is rugged enough that the Droid does not vibrate while the car is moving and such. The phone fits perfect and it is easy to take it out of.

Have it mounted high up. Am going to have a 12v plug dropped from the inside light area so that I can set it up to be charging without having to have cords dangle. Also am going to have the audio input jack for my factory stereo run up there so that it will be very low profile and have no wire dangling. Using the Droid with the stereo speakers is awesome! :motdroidvert: