Motorola Docking station

cuskit

Reaction score
If you download the new Dock APK and install it - it's WAY better FYI.

Do you mean the Dock Runner Application for the Droid?
I'm curious also - are you speaking of Dock Runner? And if so - why is that so much better than using a dock to implement the Multimedia Mode? Are there different functions with Dockrunner? I had it installed and removed it since the docks automatically turn it on or off without having to use a widget. Me, I'm all about simplifying my life! ;) Not sure what APK means...

Thanks for your input! :) cuskit

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No... just like many of us have the new music player from 2.1 and the 5 screens from 2.1 etc.. there is an APK that is in one of these threads that has the new Docking Station software from 2.1.

I don't recall which thread but I'm sure with a little searching you can find it. Everything is different in the 2.1 Docking Station software - it looks way better, the dimmer really dims - and after 5 minutes it changes to a green clock that moves around your screen. The bottom of the new screen has the same functions but it looks like they are on frosted glass - just very cool.

MontyMo

Reaction score
I have a Docking station. It is great. It on my night stand. I have NOT used my alarm clock since I received the doc.

As mentioned in a previous comment, the plug-in cord was too short for me, I ordered another one on Amazon.

Monty

cuskit

Reaction score
What kind of pricing do you get at Amazon? Here's a copy of my invoice from monoprice.com for (3) six foot cables (yea - the stock cables ARE much too short). This might help others looking for longer cables - the part number and price are displayed on my attached invoice.

I had previously ordered ten foot cables, but found them to be TOO long! Looped all over my desk! ;) So I'm awaiting these now. I think monoprice products to be very high quality as well as some excellent pricing. cuskit

Last edited:

marcogiudice

Reaction score
If you really want one, for now just go here MOTOROLA DROID MULTIMEDIA DOCK MIKRADLE (CHERRY) NEW! - eBay (item 140373933325 end time Feb-11-10 15:06:09 PST)

Dougdroid (administrator) has been good enough to invite us to join up here as a Supporting Vendor, and we should have all the details completed within the next week or so. Our banners will then point you to the debut of our upcoming website - but for now follow my link here, or just type MIKRADLE on eBay.

Did you move to Florida from Jersey? If so - what part of the state did you originally live in?

cuskit
ya i move to south fl 2 yrs ago and i grew up in bergen county in a town called elmwood park which is next to paterson

ak68

Reaction score
What kind of pricing do you get at Amazon? Here's a copy of my invoice from monoprice.com for (3) six foot cables (yea - the stock cables ARE much too short). This might help others looking for longer cables - the part number and price are displayed on my attached invoice.

I had previously ordered ten foot cables, but found them to be TOO long! Looped all over my desk! ;) So I'm awaiting these now. I think monoprice products to be very high quality as well as some excellent pricing. cuskit

I bought one of your docking stations off of ebay today. It looks pretty cool. Thanks.

cuskit

Reaction score

I bought one of your docking stations off of ebay today. It looks pretty cool. Thanks.
Yes - I received the notification. Thanks for the purchase! First one for Alaska! Three states left now without a sale! We've sent some overseas as well, Germany, England and France! I want to thank all of you for your patronage!

Watch for our banners coming here soon - we are signing on as a Supporting Vendor. We will also be announcing shortly the debut of our new website - the banners will point you in the right direction for that.

Your MIKRADLE will be shipping out either Thursday or Friday. Hope you like it! cuskit

Crystofr

Reaction score
Thanks for the code, I just ordered the docking station and car mount, saved me $12.:icon_ banana:

Think I'm going to try using my droid as my alarm clock as mentioned earlier.

Bah, I should have looked into this a little closer, I can't use the docking station or car mount with my current case. I sent those back and ordered a Mikradle today.

cuskit

Reaction score
Thanks for the code, I just ordered the docking station and car mount, saved me $12.:icon_ banana:

Think I'm going to try using my droid as my alarm clock as mentioned earlier.

Bah, I should have looked into this a little closer, I can't use the docking station or car mount with my current case. I sent those back and ordered a Mikradle today.
Thank you! Welcome to the world of MIKRADLE! :) We certainly appreciate your choice. Shipping out Thursday - let us all know how you like it. :) cuskit

Sodner

Reaction score
HELP!

I installed the new 2.1 clock and put my phone in the dock and it asked me what I wanted to use "Multimedia Staion" (the old 2.0.1 clock) or "Clock" (the new 2.1 clock) and not being sure at the time I chose the first one, the old clock. Now dispite numerous uninstalls, installs and reboots it will not ask me that choice again so I cannot get the new 2.1 clock as the default clock in the dock.

HELP! How do I change it?

Silver Member
Reaction score
HELP!

I installed the new 2.1 clock and put my phone in the dock and it asked me what I wanted to use "Multimedia Staion" (the old 2.0.1 clock) or "Clock" (the new 2.1 clock) and not being sure at the time I chose the first one, the old clock. Now dispite numerous uninstalls, installs and reboots it will not ask me that choice again so I cannot get the new 2.1 clock as the default clock in the dock.

HELP! How do I change it?
home - menu - settings - applications - manage applications - menu - filter - all

located multimedia dock and choose clear defaults.

Sodner

Reaction score
WOW. I do not know what is cooler, the Droid phone itself or this Forum? Together they are unstoppable!

Thanks 640k!! :icon_ banana:

Now to root my phone to get the #($*&# button lights to turn off. :icon_ devil:

Geopelli

Reaction score
4. To keep the screen lit while in the cradle, the phone has to be connected to the wall charger. USB on your PC is only rated at 500mAh (the wall charger is 1100mAh) and will not keep the screen lit.

I was able to keep my screen lit with the beta version of Locale. Unfortunately, my beta version has expired and I am not ready to spend $10.00 for the official version of Locale.

Question: Is there already App available that will keep the screen lite while the Droid is in the Docking Station?

Silver Member
Reaction score
my DROID stays lit. if your device is plugged into the wall, yours will stay lit too. you don't need an app for that.

Geopelli

Reaction score
my DROID stays lit. if your device is plugged into the wall, yours will stay lit too. you don't need an app for that.

Thanks for the idea. I like having ready access to the memory card. Connecting to the PC remains my preference. So I am still hoping for the perfect App.