Motorola Dock and Auto Brightness

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I put my D3 in the dock every night and it sits comfortably acting as my alarm clock until I wake up.

Seemingly everyday, I forget that the dock app changes the brightness from auto to some indiscriminate % that ends up causing it to use up battery needlessly.

Anyone else experiencing similar frustrations?

hoosiermama

Reaction score
I use Alarm Clock Pro with mine, and haven't had it change the brightness on me. I haven't used the stock alarm clock (had Alarm Clock Pro on the D1 and kept it with this one).

militant

Reaction score
I thought I was going nuts, I always wondered how my brightness was getting off auto.. and that explains it. I use the media dock as my alarm clock every night as well. Wow, I love you.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Hmm I just tested it with my dock, putting it on and taking it off, and it stayed on Auto-brightness for me. I'll have to see if this happens as I use the dock more.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Mine also does this. The strange part is that the power widget still shows Auto-brightness being on but doesn't actually activate it until I press the icon.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
After some testing, it seems to me that if you put the phone on the dock and don't interact with it at all, then it doesn't change your brightness, but if you do interact with the phone then it does change the brightness.

When I finally get around to it I'll make Motorola aware of this. Maybe it's a software thing that can be fixed.