Motorola Devour rooted

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
so61c4.jpg

Well, it's been a long time coming, but root has finally arrived on the Motorola Devour. Although the Devour community may not be as large as the Motorola Droid or Droid X's, they were still as determined as any! The rooting method for the Devour looks eerily similar to the Droid X method, but don't worry, it's no coincidence. For whatever reason, with a few modifications, that same method worked on the Devour. So here you go. Yesterday, the original Devour method was posted by our very own, camperdave here, and had since been improved by bitswitch on Android Central. You will be required to run a script and push a few files via ADB to get this working. If done correctly, this will give you su permissions and SuperUser.apk whitelist. Not so bad, eh? Get it going Devour users, and let us know if it works for you. Remember, DroidForums.net is not responsible for bricked phones!

Check out the latest root guide (including necessary files) here:
We can haz Devour root now. Instructions inside. XD - Android Central Forums

source: DroidForums, AndroidCentral

ChugIt

Reaction score
Good news for those who have the Devour. Is the bootloader locked in the Devour? Just curious, I don't own one.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good news for Asurion customers who didnt know what they were getting for D1 replacements ! :)

I don't believe it's locked, however we haven't seen any ROM's for it either, anything in that wein would be an improvement ...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good news for Asurion customers who didnt know what they were getting for D1 replacements ! :)

I don't believe it's locked, however we haven't seen any ROM's for it either, anything in that wein would be an improvement ...
I still can't believe this is the Droid replacement thru Asurion. It's not comparable IMO. Complete hogwash.

ChugIt

Reaction score
As I said in another post, my friend Holly just got a Droid replaced with a Droid last Wednesday. If you call and ask out of curiosity you will see they are still shipping Droids, certified like new.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn, thanks for reminding me. I keep forgetting to cancel my Asurion insurance plan :)

UNC

Reaction score

Dude, there is another thread about this...........

You are wrong though, I just called Asurion yesterday about the wifey's replacement for Droid. (I was hoping he'd say X, so I could throw hers in the toilet) I asked him specifically, if there was anyway it would cause our phone to be downgraded. He said verbatim "We never send out lesser equipment, you will either get a Motorola A855, or an HTC ADR6300." Which I didn't know was the Incredible until I looked it up.

Good job on the Devour root though!!! I don't own the phone, or know anyone with it, but getting to know Moto's systems in anyway is good.

Reaction score
The "exploid files" will work on all 1.x and 2.x android devices and just needs some edits per device to work since the file systems are a little different. So any and all unrooted platforms have a vector if there is a community and developer desire.