Motorola Confirms Via Twitter that Droid RAZR will Have a Locked Bootloader

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Earlier today they said they want enterprise, which means the locked bootloaders..

Totally agree they may continue to lock bootloaders to target the enterprise space. However, that doesn't mean EVERY phone has to be locked down airtight. They do come out with more than 1 phone a year.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Totally agree they may continue to lock bootloaders to target the enterprise space. However, that doesn't mean EVERY phone has to be locked down airtight. They do come out with more than 1 phone a year.
IMO, i think if they were smart they would have made the D2, and D3 true updates...While the hardware is indeed an update from the D1, the didnt follow the D1 at all, IMO nothing about that software is an upgraded D1. They should have kept with it and kept it pure while just upgrading the hardware and using vanilla. I think they ruined the original Droid line when they decided to blur it up and lock it down. I don't want anything to do with the rest of the droid series and i'm in love with my D1. I would not own any other droid aside from the D1 because of the software aspect. The softwar is nothing like the Original Droid. :mad:

sb1831

Reaction score
IMO, i think if they were smart they would have made the D2, and D3 true updates...While the hardware is indeed an update from the D1, the didnt follow the D1 at all, IMO nothing about that software is an upgraded D1. They should have kept with it and kept it pure while just upgrading the hardware and using vanilla. I think they ruined the original Droid line when they decided to blur it up and lock it down. I don't want anything to do with the rest of the droid series and i'm in love with my D1. I would not own any other droid aside from the D1 because of the software aspect. The softwar is nothing like the Original Droid. :mad:

Yes because NO other company slapped a UI on their phone. HTC doesn't put Sense on Droid branded phones, and Samsung definitely doesn't put Touchwiz on their Droid branded phones... Looks like you'll be buying phones outright once a year to avoid the ETF on whatever carrier the new Nexus device is released on.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Internet is a "special" group of folks...

Most consumers won't know about this. Most don't even know what rooting is or it's benefits. And Roms? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's like jailbreaking w/the iPhone. Or modding an xbox/wii.

It's kinda funny hearing the uproar on the net when a phone is shipped locked. Folks start going "OH THEY NEVER CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS!" and "WELL I'M NEVER GOING TO SUPPORT THEM AGAIN!!" and other such things.

I like to think they do it that way to prevent rookies who don't know squat about what they're doing from bricking their phone and whining to Moto/HTC/whomever to honor the warranty or from the public catching on to such methods and vulnerabilities occurring w/their brand being drug through the mud

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Internet is a "special" group of folks...

Most consumers won't know about this. Most don't even know what rooting is or it's benefits. And Roms? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's like jailbreaking w/the iPhone. Or modding an xbox/wii.

It's kinda funny hearing the uproar on the net when a phone is shipped locked. Folks start going "OH THEY NEVER CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS!" and "WELL I'M NEVER GOING TO SUPPORT THEM AGAIN!!" and other such things.

I like to think they do it that way to prevent rookies who don't know squat about what they're doing from bricking their phone and whining to Moto/HTC/whomever to honor the warranty or from the public catching on to such methods and vulnerabilities occurring w/their brand being drug through the mud

I agree, I have a good amount of friends with andriod and iphones and none of them tweak their phones or care to. Even with the android folks, I will point out all of the bloat on the phone and they just shrug it off. "My phone does everything I will ever need it to do". Oh well!