Motorola confirms T2's possible early Q1 release

everstar80

Reaction score
I know i can wait because the latest phones that they are releasing soon are mainly for new customers to smartphones and don't offer anything that compares to our current devices IMO.

wmnomore

Reaction score
This is getting exciting. I'm not worried anymore about the rooting thing. I have faith in the community. I was happy with my D2 for a while without rooting, but did it for the themes.
There is less and less a need for rooting if you ask me. I can tether without root. Themes are the only benefit that i see. Can't overclock, yet.
Hopefully, gingerbread will give us more customization abilities and we won't have to worry about voiding our warranties.

Don't get me wrong, I am hooked on customizing and changing roms daily. I just would like not to HAVE to do it with every phone.

abe7333

Reaction score
Oh yeah I think as os gets more vast there is a need for far phones. Imo

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
This is getting exciting. I'm not worried anymore about the rooting thing. I have faith in the community. I was happy with my D2 for a while without rooting, but did it for the themes.
There is less and less a need for rooting if you ask me. I can tether without root. Themes are the only benefit that i see. Can't overclock, yet.
Hopefully, gingerbread will give us more customization abilities and we won't have to worry about voiding our warranties.

Don't get me wrong, I am hooked on customizing and changing roms daily. I just would like not to HAVE to do it with every phone.

I agree regarding rooting. With a phone like this the last thing we should need is overclocking! (At least for a while) While ROMs are fun and have made life better, they are not my key need for rooting any longer either.

Removing bloatware is a nice benefit but again not a requirement. Running advanced tools like Titanium Backup which require root are a higher need. My D1 recently died and needed replacement and, using Titanium, I was back up in minutes exactly where I left off. Finally, as a developer, I find using root to be able to go into the file system to manipulate things something I'd hate to live without.

wmnomore

Reaction score

I agree regarding rooting. With a phone like this the last thing we should need is overclocking! (At least for a while) While ROMs are fun and have made life better, they are not my key need for rooting any longer either.

Removing bloatware is a nice benefit but again not a requirement. Running advanced tools like Titanium Backup which require root are a higher need. My D1 recently died and needed replacement and, using Titanium, I was back up in minutes exactly where I left off. Finally, as a developer, I find using root to be able to go into the file system to manipulate things something I'd hate to live without.

One thing i do not like about backup-app programs is that once you restore, they are no longer seen in the downloads section of the market. this keeps you from getting updates unless you install from the market, which defeats the purpose of restoring apps from titanium or mybackup pro. I am unaware if this actually happens with titanium because i've never used it, but i have used a few other.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
One thing i do not like about backup-app programs is that once you restore, they are no longer seen in the downloads section of the market. this keeps you from getting updates unless you install from the market, which defeats the purpose of restoring apps from titanium or mybackup pro. I am unaware if this actually happens with titanium because i've never used it, but i have used a few other.

I don't experience that problem with titanium. Market downloads seem to work fine after restoring and updates work as expected.

wmnomore

Reaction score

I don't experience that problem with titanium. Market downloads seem to work fine after restoring and updates work as expected.

Really? so after a restore, all apps show in downloaded market apps?
this a definite difference compared to the apps i've used.