Motorola Confirms Android 4.4.4 Rollout for Their Phones

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-ultra.jpg

Motorola themselves confirmed the rollout of Android 4.4.4 has started for their phones. For now they specifically mentioned only the Moto G, the Moto E and the Droid Ultra, and these are only in specific regions at this time. The widespread rollout will continue for these and most of their devices over the next few weeks.

On top of the usual features from Android 4.4.3, including a new dialer, the ability to pause during video recording, and enhanced camera image quality, the Android 4.4.4 update also includes some additional bug fixes and security updates.

It seems as if Moto plans to bring the update to as many of their devices as possible with this rollout. Here's a quick quote from them,

Android™ 4.4.4, KitKat® Begins Rolling Out - We’ve begun rolling out Android™ 4.4.4, KitKat® to our phones! This latest update includes all of the goodies of 4.4.3—such a new dialer, the ability to pause during video recording, and enhanced camera image quality—and includes enhanced security for OpenSSL. We just started rolling out in Brazil and India for Moto G; in Brazil, France, Canada, and Asia Pacific for Moto E; in the U.S. for DROID Ultra. We are always working to deploy the latest software as fast as possible and expect the update to come to many more phones soon. Check out the software updates page to see if your phone has been upgraded yet.

As you can see, they have a software updates page listed which can help you determine if your device is soon to get the update or not. Sound off if you have received yours.

Source: Motorola Blog

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm going to stop getting my hopes up. I hate the current dialer. I'm running a dialer app. I can't wait for a new dialer but I'm not holding my breath. VZ always seems to be last because they always have to add something useless to the update.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does 4.4.4 fix the mms issues introduced with 4.4.2 on so many devices?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Here is what the new dialer looks like on a Droid Maxx kitkat 4.4.4. Not impressed.

Attachments

• 2014-07-12 13.27.07.png
    2014-07-12 13.27.07.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 199

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Looks nice. What I hate about the dialer on the X is the recent call screen. The layout gets on my nerves.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I cleared my log so I can't show what that looks like.

djspy

Reaction score
That looks exactly the same as what we have now. The only change is the phone icon is white instead of green. I was hoping we'd get the KitKat dialer. I miss it from my Moto X.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
uploadfromtaptalk1405364656847.jpg

Not a huge fan of the dialer. It actually opens up to "Recent" activities list.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Not a huge fan of the dialer. It actually opens up to "Recent" activities list.
In phone, go into settings(3 dots), click on Show dialpad.

Nevermind that. It's just for dialing numbers.