Motorola Comfirms New Droid Keyboard

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Keyboard works fine for me the 2 or 3 times a week I use it....

But it is good to see them listen to consumers....

jt2006

Reaction score
First off not sure if I really believe that report....

Second if was true how long do you think it would take before they are sold out of the old droids before mine "accidentally" broke and I had to call in insurance on it?

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Oh my god, you have to be kidding me. Well I am still within my 30 days, how soon do you think we will see this model? I can't stand knowing I don't have the latest model, an unfortunate mindset for me, but that's the way I am.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh my god, you have to be kidding me. Well I am still within my 30 days, how soon do you think we will see this model? I can't stand knowing I don't have the latest model, an unfortunate mindset for me, but that's the way I am.

If this is just the initial news about it, i would imagine at least another month if not longer.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I would imagine that any hardware changes are going to be for a newer Droid, either that or if they update the current one, Verizon might offer to swap your old bad keyboard Droid for the new "improved keyboard Droid" for a price.... That would make the most sense, you want the new keyboard, plunk down, say 99.99 or 199.99, and it's yours. I don't see them offering to retrofit all the older models out there, that would be cost prohibitive.

As far as the keyboard goes, I am used to it, and it works for me. I am one of those people that hates the virtual keyboard. I have a harder time typing with the virtual keyboard than with the slider....:heart::motdroidhoriz:

flavious27

Reaction score
I dont know how this thing even got to production with this piss poor excuse for a keyboard. Didnt anyone in design or testing say "you know, I dont think this keyboard is very good"?? I dont use it or rarely use it because it sucks.

i don't have a problem with it, it is so much better than mt vx6800's. now i wish i could change the function for the "search" button on the front

Sarreq Teryx

Reaction score
Hmm i wonder if ur Droid was to malfunction would they replace it with the new KB one?? IDK though cause i couldnt imagine them throwing away all the old hardwear one's

well, all Ihave to say is, if they also fix the charging line noise twitchyness problem so many of us are having, that's exactly what I'll do.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont know how this thing even got to production with this piss poor excuse for a keyboard. Didnt anyone in design or testing say "you know, I dont think this keyboard is very good"?? I dont use it or rarely use it because it sucks.

I'll agree with that. It really amazed me how small and hard to use it was. But admittedly I was coming from a Tilt2 (which has a rather large keyboard compared to most) so I might have been biased in my expectations. Thank the Developer Gods for Swype/Shapewriter. I now only have to use it a few times a week.

jahtv98

Reaction score
I am not a fan of Motorola, after the Razr, they have realeased nothing but bad phones left and right. I was skeptical with the Droid but I gotta admit they outdid themselves. Granted, the keyboard could have been better but they were trying to make the phone as flat as possible and compete with the IPhone againts their non-physical keyboard.

Stop complaining. I am sure you are all everyone's envy by carrying the hottest device right now. Newer and better devices will continue to launch, nothing new.

You can all do what I did. Pay an extra $70 for the device and do a 1 yr contract, then you will be eligible to upgrade every 10 months....not a bad idea if you want to have the newest and latest. Im not going to lie though, new DROIDS with updated OS after just 3 months? Ouch!

aristo1963

Reaction score
I personally like both kb's,if you look at the keys they are slightly spaced.If moto had rounded the keys like this ) we would all probably love the kb.My wonder is how are the keys actually held on?If it is just a dot of glue,then theoretically they could just release a bag of rounded keys that a user could replace on his or her own.

Heresy I know,but the only other thing I would have liked is a trackball in the center of the D-pad,but thats just me:icon_ devil:

souljerr

Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would be surprised that they upgrade the hardware (in this case key board) and fix problems. Isn't that what they're supposed to do if they want to keep selling phones; fix the issues that customers are complaining about?