Motorola CEO: DROID Bionic Will Be In Stores in September

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
lmao....like i said many times before...FAIL!!!! sucks for those that have been waiting on it

I know...

its like its coming on july4th, then august, then september...

I'm surprised not a lot of people just gave up and bought a different phone.

Because it's like standing there waiting for the train or bus... you stand and wait and wait and wait and it's 2 minutes late, then 5 minutes late, then 10 minutes late. You think to yourself... "I could be half way there by now if I just walked"... so you turn and start walking and as soon as you get 100 yards away, you see it pull up to the station with a sign that says free beer today and today only and it is full of beautiful women serving that beer. But you realize you are too far to make it back and that you have missed you chance as the door closes and it disappears into the distance on it's way to the next stop... all because you were impatient and didn't have faith in that bus (or train)

Not unless you save your money by not taking that slow bus... yea it may have a pretty girl on it but it still moves really slow, then you walk by the Ferrari dealership and realize you have a couple of bucks saved up and it's now it's wheels smoking going down the road and your thankful that the bus was late otherwise you would of never of seen that Ferrari.

Well yes you would of actually seen the Ferrari ... through the windows of the slow bus you are now trapped on and the pretty girl just had beer farts or threw up on the back of the bus and now the air around you is totally fouled.

ENJOY!!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'll buy it when it gets here. Until then I'm satisfied with my TB.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I'll buy it when it gets here. Until then I'm satisfied with my TB.
I'm still happy with my og droid, I can wait till the end of my contract in November and see what "Ferraris" are available at that time. Waiting on something to come out with a Kal-el proc hopefully by that time.

das2042

Reaction score
Anybody want to jump ship and start speculating about the HTC vigor? Lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

angelbowler

Reaction score
So, the COE said September and we are guessing 1 Sept?
There are another 29 days in Sept.

Fall begins on Sept 23, so if they still plan on sticking with the summer they better get it out by Sept 22. Just saying. ;)

KOBALT

Reaction score
I think I'm one of the only ones who are gonna wait it out. I've actually only had my DX for about 4 months. It's my first REAL smartphone. Came from a HTC Tilt2 before. Pretty bad.

Anyways, in my opinion, I think a lot of people who go buy something else now will be disappointed once this phone comes out. I have no specific reason behind my feelings for this, but something tells me that the Bionic will live up to the hype and the wait will be worth it. I just see it as, if you waited this long, what's a few more weeks. But that's each person's personal preference and to each their own. I'm not here to judge either way.

I think no matter what phone you get, you'll be happy. With that being said, I have been won over by Motorola with the DROIDX. I have no desire to switch phone manufacturers at this time.

Also, the only reason I'm upgrading after 4 months is that my wife is due for an upgrade, so she'll use it on the Bionic and then we'll trade. She doesn't need anything like that.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

droidrenegade

Reaction score
Motorola CEO statment

I know this is my first post. But food for tought Motorola CEO DID not say
they were going to release the Bionic in Sept. He said it would be in stores in Sept. So does that mean an Aug. release or a Sept release :) food for thought Don't give up yet. The Bionic will be my first Android phone so I 'm sure i'll be talking to you all later asking for help.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
On a different note. Does anyone want to give me a DX or HTC incredible until the Bionic comes out? My D1 is dying on me.

I have a rooted Fascinate on swappa for 170 if anyone is interested, if people need something to hold them over.

sent from my inc2

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyways, in my opinion, I think a lot of people who go buy something else now will be disappointed once this phone comes out. I have no specific reason behind my feelings for this, but something tells me that the Bionic will live up to the hype and the wait will be worth it.

I feel the same way... and I'm betting anyone planning on buying the bionic feels the same way.... mostly because convincing ourselves of this fact is the easiest way to resolve any congnitive dissonace we have from the uncertainties around this phone. Just the same as the people who are jumping ship have convinced themselfs this phone will be "outdated the moment it hits the shelves" to justify going with something else now without knowing the actual specs of the phone.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Anyways, in my opinion, I think a lot of people who go buy something else now will be disappointed once this phone comes out. I have no specific reason behind my feelings for this, but something tells me that the Bionic will live up to the hype and the wait will be worth it.

I feel the same way... and I'm betting anyone planning on buying the bionic feels the same way.... mostly because convincing ourselves of this fact is the easiest way to resolve any congnitive dissonace we have from the uncertainties around this phone. Just the same as the people who are jumping ship have convinced themselfs this phone will be "outdated the moment it hits the shelves" to justify going with something else now without knowing the actual specs of the phone.

Well for me it was always between the Bionic and the Droid3 because I like the hardware Motorola puts out. 4G would be nice but is definitely not a need for me.

My plan was to hold off until I could check out the Bionic and then decide if it's worth the huge jump in price between $75 for a Droid3 (BOGO and NE2 credit) or $275 for a Bionic. Now that I won't be able to get my hands on a Bionic until September when the BOGO on the Droid3 is over, Motorola has made my decision for me.