Motorola car mount?

brsmith23

Reaction score
I just bought a motorola droid 2 car mount off of amazon from a retailer called cellout. It won't dock the phone or charge it. Any ideas as to why?

Canadroid

Reaction score
Well my first thought was the micro USB is generic or another mfg, but you said this is for D2 specifically. This is the same mount available from VZW? I've not heard of too many that are D2 specific.

So it does not enter Cardock mode or charge? Are your fuses good for the acc. plug on the vehicle? Even if they are, I know some you have to rotate to get a good current flow on older rigs...

a8ksh4

Reaction score
There's not a whole lot to these chargers... they're basically a usb extension cable amd a magnet to trigger the docked mode. If it's not charging, either check your charger or the connections in the dock.

:) I have a vzw droid 2 car dock coming in the mail tomorrow. Hope it works well!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

brsmith23

Reaction score
There's not a whole lot to these chargers... they're basically a usb extension cable amd a magnet to trigger the docked mode. If it's not charging, either check your charger or the connections in the dock.

:) I have a vzw droid 2 car dock coming in the mail tomorrow. Hope it works well!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Yea, its the official motorola dock. The charger works fine alone, its weird though the dock won't even change the phone to car dock mode. I sent it back and they're sending me another. Thanks guys! You're always so helpful <3 the droidforums.net community!