Motorola car mount (stop charging)

AdamMax350

Reaction score
So I bought the car mount for my droid. had a trip these past several days, and with it plugged in with charger it came with, it would just stop charging. had to use the old car charger I bought originally to keep it from crapping out. is this normal?? what else can I do to keep it charging the whole time?? thanks.

goingape

Reaction score
I am having similar symptoms with both wall and car charger. It would stop charging at 40% and stay there till I unplugged the phone. Even after replugging it in it would stay right where it was in terms of progress. I tried again after taking thebattery out and it finally finished charging. WTF?

barrettrking

Reaction score
Your battery temperature is getting too high while charging. Try downloading the battery life app from the market. If you are charging and the battery temperature goes over 120, it will stop charging. You will have to let it cool off before it starts to take a charge again. This is especially the case with the car mount when the sun is beating down on it.

Gumby x

Reaction score
Your battery temperature is getting too high while charging. Try downloading the battery life app from the market. If you are charging and the battery temperature goes over 120, it will stop charging. You will have to let it cool off before it starts to take a charge again. This is especially the case with the car mount when the sun is beating down on it.

Mine does not get hot. Still stops charging on the car dock. I changed car dock,cigarette charger twice. The only thing works and charges reliably is when i plug my home charger USB cable to the car charger( which has a USB port,Verizon ) and power my DX . I have been with the motorola tech and verizon tech for hrs.Changed to a new phone without relief. It is a software glitch, and according to them should be fixed with 2.2 update.

TomS

Reaction score
Froyo 2.2 doesn't help

I have 2.2 and still had the same problem last weekend. In the car mount, the battery will stop charging around 40%. The "heat" idea seems to apply, as whether on the car mount or not, it took a while before the battery would resume charging, and the phone did feel hot.

Gumby x

Reaction score
I have 2.2 and still had the same problem last weekend. In the car mount, the battery will stop charging around 40%. The "heat" idea seems to apply, as whether on the car mount or not, it took a while before the battery would resume charging, and the phone did feel hot.

Tom, I have the battery info app that moniters the temp. never goes beyond 26 deg. C. Still has the same issue. Sad to note 2.2 did not correct the problem. On Moto website they do state an awareness of the problem and that 2.2 should be a fix. I wonder whats the next step for affected Dx.