Motorola can't even get my 4th DROID WORKING!

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Alright, this is getting pathetic. I'm on my 4th droid right now, and i can't even unlock it. I've had this one for about a month and a half after my first 3 have had keyboards all ripped up when i got them.

The one i have no simply doesn't let me unlock the phone, I wake the screen up, and slide my finger across to unlock it, but absolutely NOTHING happens! The only way i've got it to work is to do a battery pull. At first it just did it maybe once or twice a day, and the last week it's been doing it more, maybe 8-12 times a day. Today it did it over 15 times, and now doing a battery pull doesn't work AT ALL.

I've called Verizon this morning, and they offered me 3 awful phones i could pick from, the Devour (yeah, right) LG Ally (no way!) and the droid eris. (gross.). I then asked Verizon when they think the Incredible and/or the X would be up on the pre-owned list. They said at LEAST another month. They offered to send me another droid. they then said that 2.2 is rolling out and said if I get lucky, the phone could unlock and i could update to 2.2 to see if that would make any difference.

Nope. 2.2 made absolutely no difference to the screen freezing up. I read on another thread that Verizon offered somebody an Incredible because he was on his like 6th droid. How come they're not offering me an Incredible?

What i'm trying to say is, do i just have bad luck? How come I'm not offered an different phone that's not on that specific list like that other person did?

Note: I've been asked if i have hundreds of applications on my phone..No i do not, i probably have 20-25, and most of them are well-known; like LauncherPro, Where, Pandora, etc. And Yes, i use a task killer to try and free up my memory. It still doesn't work.

iPirate

Reaction score
maybe the task killer is messing things up?

did you try not installing any apps for a few days and see how things go?

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score
maybe the task killer is messing things up?

did you try not installing any apps for a few days and see how things go?

I can't even get into my phone, I have advanced free task killer installed.

xliderider

Reaction score
I agree, the task killer is unnecessary and may be causing the problem. Something else to try is take the SD card out of the phone and reboot without the memory card installed. See if it makes any difference. I've noticed my phone lags severely when it first boots up and is mounting the SD card. Perhaps you have a corrupted file/filesystem on your memory card.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Are you rooted? And did you try wiping your phone?

I'm not rooted, and i've done a factory reset already. It worked for a few hours, but then it started freezing again.

Hmmm..Maybe it's an app or apps that are causing the problem. Try leaving the phone without any 3rd party apps for a few hours and see if that helps.

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score
I agree, the task killer is unnecessary and may be causing the problem. Something else to try is take the SD card out of the phone and reboot without the memory card installed. See if it makes any difference. I've noticed my phone lags severely when it first boots up and is mounting the SD card. Perhaps you have a corrupted file/filesystem on your memory card.

That seemed to work, but now do you have any idea how I can find what's causing the problem?

xliderider

Reaction score

That seemed to work, but now do you have any idea how I can find what's causing the problem?

On Blackberrys, most of the time it just took moving all your files off the card to your computer, format the card in the phone, then move your files back to your card in groups (directories) and test for a while to see if those files were bad.

Most times the reformat solves the problem, which points to a corrupted FAT (file allocation table).

xliderider

Reaction score
You could also try running a disk/file checking utility if you have one on your card mounted as a USB drive.

I've actually run a defrag utility on my SD card. Just for kicks. :cool:

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score
You could also try running a disk/file checking utility if you have one on your card mounted as a USB drive.

What do you mean?

alonsou

Reaction score

On Blackberrys, most of the time it just took moving all your files off the card to your computer, format the card in the phone, then move your files back to your card in groups (directories) and test for a while to see if those files were bad.

Most times the reformat solves the problem, which points to a corrupted FAT (file allocation table).

+1
I was going to suggest the same, I had a similar issue a few months ago, and copying everything on my SD to my desktop pc and re-formating the SD, fixed the issue. good luck

xliderider

Reaction score

What do you mean?

I mean running some kind of diagnostic software that checks hard drives for errors and file problems.

You can just reformat the card after moving your stuff off it. It usually solves the problem 90% of the time.

R_G

Reaction score
post a video of it. run a scan and post the results or a video...lol