Motorola Bounce Coming December: 'Shatterproof,' 5.4-Inch Display, 3,760mAh Battery & More [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
MOTOROLA-BOUNCE.jpg

Holy smokes! Here's a hot new leak to follow-up the previous "hot new leak." According to Motorola will be bringing an all new active life-style flagship device to market in December of this year. It's called the Motorola Bounce, and it will supposedly be designed to do exactly that without breaking. Here's a spec-list which was shared along with the above leaked image:
  • 5.43" Quad HD display
  • Snapdragon 810 chipset
  • 3 GB of RAM
  • 32 GB/ 64 GB storage
  • 3760 mAh battery
  • 21 MP rear camera
  • 5 MP front camera
  • "shatterproof" display
Other than the infamous Snapdragon 810 chipset, these specs seem phenomenal for a ruggedized device. If this rumint proves true, Motorola fans have something to look forward to this Christmas!

We've added a Motorola Bounce section, just in case this rumor turns out to be true: Motorola Bounce | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: @upleaks

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Predict they lose boatloads of money on this with an expensive ad campaign featuring K7 ("c'mon, BOUNCE, c'mon)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that phone brings one thought

Since Bow Bow is not doing anything now given his acting and singing career is non-existent maybe Moto could chip him off $50 to do a commercial for that phone.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I like the concept but I do feel calling it "bounce" is only going to cause people to try and dribble them...

Note 4tified

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like the concept but I do feel calling it "bounce" is only going to cause people to try and dribble them...

Note 4tified

Cue the youtube videos of people trying to bounce it from the highest point only to demand a replacement when the screen is cracked.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But will it really be called Bounce when it is released? Last year was Quark and Shamu and those were not the final names once released. This may just be the development code name used inside Moto. I am guessing that they have already realized that a phone named Bounce is going to invite people to try all kinds of foolishness. But then again....who knows?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am guessing that they have already realized that a phone named Bounce is going to invite people to try all kinds of foolishness.

It would be a true bit of marketing genius to have it hyped as "unbreakable" but when it's actually released and marketed carefully chosen language stops short of any legal claims.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It would be a true bit of marketing genius to have it hyped as "unbreakable" but when it's actually released and marketed carefully chosen language stops short of any legal claims.
True. Someone made a MIL Spec phone before (maybe still does?) that had walkie talkie features built in. Was that Samsung? Maybe Casio? Maybe there is a market for phones that have rugged exterior specs?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
True. Someone made a MIL Spec phone before (maybe still does?) that had walkie talkie features built in. Was that Samsung? Maybe Casio? Maybe there is a market for phones that have rugged exterior specs?

Either way, this undoubtedly is going to yield the most entertaining break tests yet!