Motorola bootloader unlock

krazyace38

Reaction score
This was posted on twitter via droid_life (Droid Life)

Motorola Launches "Unlock My Device" Site - Bootloader Freedom Has Come At Last - goo.gl/18qK4 #android

3:43 PM Aug 17th via TweetDeck
http://twitter.com/droid_life/status/236563998491959297

UPDATE: supported phone's include photon q
Razr developer edition
Xoom-Verizon
Xoom wifi

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one has explored that yet. I'm sure if you access the page using your login, you'll be tagged.

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
No confirmation on bionic yet probably be like the updates go with the most popular phones getting unlocked first

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Everytime I try to see which devices are supported it goes to a Permission Denied page.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Otakulad

Reaction score
Well, it was nice to hope. Looks like the page leads you to no where now. Maybe updating?

Edit: someone in a comment said you couldn't look at it on a mobile device, which I am on.

Last edited:

nobreak1970

Reaction score
All new non-VZW phones will probably be unlockable now. Starting with the Photon Q

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
Updated OP

Reaction score
Last article I saw on this (a month ago, maybe), Bionic was not slated to be unlocked. We can always hope, though... :hail:

Reaction score
With the bootloader bypass that was created for the RAZR, why can no one figure out how to port it to the Bionic? I assume both have the same encryption algorithm?

Reaction score
My apologies. I've had a Nexus and have been out of touch. But I love Motorola's build quality and its forcing me back. Guess i gotta brush up on my stuff. Thanks for the quick reply!

chuck54

Reaction score
why hasnt anyone compiled modules for new ics kernel. - xda-developersnyone care to explain this? and will this kexec allow us to flash a whhoooolle new kernel or does it just modify the current kernel to better specs? Iv never misunderstood this bad in my life.... lol

Otakulad

Reaction score
chuck54 said:
why hasnt anyone compiled modules for new ics kernel. - xda-developersnyone care to explain this? and will this kexec allow us to flash a whhoooolle new kernel or does it just modify the current kernel to better specs? Iv never misunderstood this bad in my life.... lol

No problem idea on your first question, but I read on rombot.org that it does not edit the original bootloader. Only bypasses it so a custom bootloader can be used. Anyone else knows differently let me know.