Motorola blur: its not that bad

Natey2

Reaction score
I'm actually beginning to get used to (and like) blur.
But why did they pick a name with negative connotations?

How does it compare to HTC sense?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

turdbogls

Reaction score
IMO, blur is nice, and none of the custom ROMs can compete with its battery life.
as for how it is performs in a full on blur state (as in using the blur launcher) it is absolutely terrible. the blur launcher is SUPER slow and laggy and i hated the bottom "jump to screen" freature.

comparing it to sense, i would have to go with sense. although i dont really like the launcher because i got used to having mail,phone, sms, and internet in the dock, it has always been one of the faster forms of android, and one of the best looking.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I've had my X about 3 weeks and I havent even considered rooting to remove Blur features yet. For me, it works just fine and tho there may be one or two minor annoyances, overall it works great IMO.

Yes, I'd rather have a fully stock "google experience" device... but this dosent bother me at all TBH.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I said the same thing for awhile until I tried a blurless rom and noticed the battery perfomance and overall performance improve. Motoblur can be improved a lot but motorola feels nothing is wrong with it.

Rocko

Reaction score
There are people that simply need to be polarized. It's either Hate it it's the black plague or it's gold. Nothing is that way, especially the custom roms. Read the threads. All have glitches, bugs, etc. Blur and Blurless have their +'s and -'s. What stock has is a lot of bloat. If you like the stock feel, I suggest you get Titanium Backup and freeze all the bloat you don't need. It makes stock that much better. Then check out ADW Launcer or Launcher Pro. These are great interfaces with cool effects.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I ran stock while rooted / overclocked and had the bloat frozen. The phone was really fast and I was just fine with the set up. The roms and custom stuff is just reeeeally fun for me!

Reaction score
In my experience blur was super slow and laggy, so I switched to launcherpro. I want to get a custom rom, but I can't because motoblur has a bug preventing users from properly backing up texts. Texts are either in the wrong order, have the wrong time stamps, or are simply not backed up at all. Lots of developers have acknowledged this problem with droid x/2 phones.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mikehal38

Reaction score
IMO, blur is nice, and none of the custom ROMs can compete with its battery life.
as for how it is performs in a full on blur state (as in using the blur launcher) it is absolutely terrible. the blur launcher is SUPER slow and laggy and i hated the bottom "jump to screen" freature.

comparing it to sense, i would have to go with sense. although i dont really like the launcher because i got used to having mail,phone, sms, and internet in the dock, it has always been one of the faster forms of android, and one of the best looking.

It's weird how phones can be so different. I've had the opposite reaction on my phone. I had an original droid and bounced between launcher pro and adw so when I got my dx immediately put a new launcher on it without giving the blur launcher a chance. Well I got bored and decided to try the blur launcher and man is it flying. I'm really liking it so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jmorton10

Reaction score
I use Launcher Pro Plus & I absolutely LOVE it, but my son uses blur in his X & says he has absolutely no reason whatever to change it.

~John

qman66

Reaction score

no way i get nearly twice as much battery life with a custom rom. blur was bad. froze here and there bad battery life. since i put a custom rom its been great

echonaut

Reaction score

I'm curious about this, about the battery life. I get pretty rad battery life with Liberty 1.5 -- after 14-15 hours I'm still at 60%, with fairly heavy usage -- but I honestly didn't really test the battery life on stock. What do you usually get?

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I had an original Droid that I ROMed to death. It was great fun to stretch the unit as far as it would go. Along the way I also settled down to a consistent app load that suits my specific life style. When switching to the X, which btw is great, I was going to try some different ROMs. I researched those processes that are specific to the X and at the same time reviewed my actual usage for the X. I ended up deciding to stop my playing with ROMs and sticking with just a rooted X. So far I am satisfied with my decision and the X is meeting all of my needs. Have to say though that there are time I sure get the itch to do some more ROMing but to date I have held off. I am waiting for the release of the X2.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With all the restrictions to ROM development at this time, I find myself going back and forth all the time. The ROMs out are great but I don't think they are as good as the stock setup with root and bloatware removed. Its nice to just have everything working. I haven't found a ROM yet that I couldn't find a serious bug that I can't live with for long.