Motorola Backflip on Cyanogen 7.1: Screen is black and unresponsive

Majorjackoff

Reaction score
I feel like this has been covered before but nothing has helped me yet and I'm desperate. I dropped my phone from a waste level height onto concrete, the phone appears to be in perfect condition but the screen is completely black and unresponsive. I had upgraded the phone, a motorolla Backflip, to Cyanogen 7.1 so it would suck less (still sucks) and what I need to do is somehow fix the screen or maybe view the files somehow from my computer. There was tons of really important school related notes on a notes app I downloaded as well as other really important files. My number one goal is to somehow get these notes or just see them at least in whatever way possible, fixing the phone is not so much of a worry because I already have a replacement. The phone vibrates when it powers up and the LED notification light blinks as it is being charged like its supposed to, the keyboard keys don't light up like they're supposed to and I'm not sure they work, but the home, back, and the other button with the four squares on the front of the phone work and vibrate when tapped but they don't light up either. The phone is clearly on I just can't see it. Any help would be muy apreciada. Gracias.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Can you plug it into your pc and see the files? Only way I can think of to save those.

What app did you use to take those school notes?

OP
M

Majorjackoff

Reaction score

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You would have to enable usb mode on the phone I'm assuming and to do that you obviously need the screen for that. Try looking up screenshots of your phone and see if it'll work. Not aware of any way to force usb mode.