Motorola Atrix has roots

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was hanging on to a thread of hope for moto, so now its down to lg or htc tb.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe Moto will change their tune when they start losing sales to an unlocked device. You can still count me in on the Atrix though :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is the rooted Atrix still running 2.2? I thought P3 said the GB OS for the X (Moto) was unable to be rooted. IIRC.

Still a sharp device no question

J5311

Reaction score
i cant wait until verizon gets it..... i now want it, but from now to then something new may be out....... but for now, it will be my next phone

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe Moto will change their tune when they start losing sales to an unlocked device. You can still count me in on the Atrix though :)

Haha, don't plan on it. Even on this forum, users flashing custom roms is a small percentage. While they may or may not have a relatively significant impact as far as word-of-mouth and influence, it's generally a market so small (1%, tops) no one at Moto loses any sleep over it.

soulpatch

Reaction score
I am one who does not require the ability to add roms. I did it with my original droid and had a flavor of the week it seemed. Now with my X I am fine with simply rooting it and getting rid of the bloatware. I find with switching phones every year that I can more or less keep up with the speeds I wish to get and also get all the new tech.

I am fine with simply the ability to root and get rid of bloatware...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Is the rooted Atrix still running 2.2? I thought P3 said the GB OS for the X (Moto) was unable to be rooted. IIRC.

Still a sharp device no question
Yes its running 2.2

Sent from my Droid

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am one who does not require the ability to add roms. I did it with my original droid and had a flavor of the week it seemed. Now with my X I am fine with simply rooting it and getting rid of the bloatware. I find with switching phones every year that I can more or less keep up with the speeds I wish to get and also get all the new tech.

I am fine with simply the ability to root and get rid of bloatware...

plus_1.gif