Motorola Announces Awesome New Moto Mods!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
They'd all be $200 more at least.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is another one of those rumored possible new Moto Mods, apparently shown off in Hong Kong recently. Anyone interested in a tablet style dock for their Moto Z? Doesn't look like the old Atrix / Bionic lapdock that didn't sell so well; there's no keyboard in these rumored / leaked pictures. If the price was right I would probably by one.

38421dce1eb7f5aff58842103ae755f1.jpg

929edfd4217cbe7a433c2112f973b69d.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Wow they going to try that again huh?

8704bf58a8a228048c7489319e1e2f52.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wow they going to try that again huh?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's a good question, things have been pretty quiet lately related to this rumored Mod. They have announced quite a few new Moto Mods, but not much new info in this idea.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The new Wireless charging Style Shells went on sale today. Looks like there are currently 2 color options, black and a multi color.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Looks like the new Wireless charging Style Shells are finally In Stock. Went ahead and ordered some for the wife & I. Do we "need" them? No. Want them...Yes.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So what mods do you have again?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So what mods do you have again?

Me:

JBL Speaker
Numerous Style Shells (all of the wood colors and a black leather)
Incipio Off Grid (with wireless charging)

Wife:

Hasselblad Camera
JBL Speaker
Several Style Shells
Kate Spade Incipio battery (non-wireless charging)

I was explaining the Z series and all Moto Mods to my daughter and several Verizon store employees on Saturday. When I finished they said..."You should get a job here, you know more about the Moto Z and the Moto Mods than anyone of us" :D

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Me:

JBL Speaker
Numerous Style Shells (all of the wood colors and a black leather)
Incipio Off Grid (with wireless charging)

Wife:

Hasselblad Camera
JBL Speaker
Several Style Shells
Kate Spade Incipio battery (non-wireless charging)

I was explaining the Z series and all Moto Mods to my daughter and several Verizon store employees on Saturday. When I finished they said..."You should get a job here, you know more about the Moto Z and the Moto Mods than anyone of us" :D

I get that all the time when I go into electronics stores, I can't tell you how many people I've sold a computer to in fry's or costco... just started talking to them cause they looked confused.

Man.... the moto mods... I'm really thinking of getting a moto z 2....

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I get that all the time when I go into electronics stores, I can't tell you how many people I've sold a computer to in fry's or costco... just started talking to them cause they looked confused.

Man.... the moto mods... I'm really thinking of getting a moto z 2....

I rather listen to the sales clerks and all of their lies to try to sell something. sometimes it is so bad, I will step in.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just FYI, for those new to the Z Series, or may have missed this in other posts. Moto announced earlier that all Moto Mods would work on all Z Series phones for 3 years. So the original Mods will work on the Z2 and Z3 series. And new Mods that are released with those phones will work on all previous Z Series. The money you spend on Moto Mods now will not be wasted when the next phone is released; which is pretty awesome IMHO.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Just FYI, for those new to the Z Series, or may have missed this in other posts. Moto announced earlier that all Moto Mods would work on all Z Series phones for 3 years. So the original Mods will work on the Z2 and Z3 series. And new Mods that are released with those phones will work on all previous Z Series. The money you spend on Moto Mods now will not be wasted when the next phone is released; which is pretty awesome IMHO.

yea, but still, three years, for that type of money it should work longer.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
yea, but still, three years, for that type of money it should work longer.
I'm not sure I'm following you. I think it's pretty awesome that Moto has promised us that the Moto Mods we bought in 2016 on the first gen Z phones will still work on the third gen phones in 2018 into 2019. What's wrong with that? No one has said they won't work on phones beyond that, just that it's not for sure at this point.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I'm not sure I'm following you. I think it's pretty awesome that Moto has promised us that the Moto Mods we bought in 2016 on the first gen Z phones will still work on the third gen phones in 2018 into 2019. What's wrong with that? No one has said they won't work on phones beyond that, just that it's not for sure at this point.

the point should be obvious. too much money is being thrown away every few years for new devices that are out of date. I have to replace a tablet after four years because apps I needed would no longer run on it. then when you add phones, mods, and who knows what else, it can get very expensive.

In the past I have seen too many companies break promises regarding updates, upgrades, devices and more. I have been burned by companies that did not even last two years who made promises on devices that should last 20 (smart light bulbs)..oooppps starting to rant again....

anywill, IMO, three years is not enough for mods