Motorola Announcements Continue

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
motoline.jpg

Well I am not going to go into much details about all this, but wow is Motorola cranking them out there. In just 3 months they have released countless device, and today, they have a lot more announced to be coming our way. This news comes from Phandroid, who is reporting on the new 7 Motorola devices. The Bravo, the Citrus, DroidPro, Defy, Flipout, Lipside, and the Spice. Now I cannot say this news is actually good news, because while its nice to have choices... Its also nice to know that they worked hard on making the device your buying and that they aren't just getting one of many they did not have time to work on.

Take this however you want to, but just know now that comes Xmas... The Droid X will be old news (which is very dissatisfying to me).

News Via: PhanDroid

Last edited:

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i kinda wish they would slow down on the phones we really dont need this many to choose from i say make a few high end android devices a year and a couple lower end maybe and not make every phone go obsolete the day it comes out cause some rumor say the next phone in a month or 2 will be twice as good

its all getting annoying to me now

Roland B.

Reaction score
Im sorry but motorola is KILLING the whole android experience...... the Droid Pro looks like some cheap blackberry knock off.... this whole "bing" stuff has got to stop.... PLEASE tell me all of this has been a dream...a really bad dream

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I agree with you all. Motorola pimps phones out so damn fast its stupid. The only reason I can see for it happening is because that don't produce enough of each phone. They produce so many then its on to the next phone. Oh well, I still love my droid x.

On another note, it could be to combat the rooting/rom community. Make phones faster then the community can keep up with. Its also gotta hurt release times for ota updates.

cb3FSU

Reaction score
I basically want a DX with a front facing camera and hdmi.

Why wont they just give it to me?

Why cant they come out with new big screen phones without keyboards?

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
well

It is a bit annoying that they come out with phones so fast, but i don't mind because IMO they haven't come out with anything spectacular since the droid and I don't plan on switching up until they do. It would be nice if they could of made the Droid their trademark phone and released the Droid 2 as an actual upgrade worth purchasing.

I have no problem with the Droid pro that's just marketing...

At the end of the day just give me my kick ass phone with the forward facing cam and the 2ghz cpu... lol

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
At least only one of these is carrying the DROID name, and it was expected...just in a different form

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
It's not about how many phones they produce per year. It's about them making as much profit as possible, which means we have more options to choose from.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Droid 1 and have no intentions on upgrading because non of the devices that have been released have impressed me. Of course I probably wouldn't be saying this if I wasn't rooted. But I'm sure that device I'm waiting for is right around the corner. It's only a matter of time before it surfaces.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
This device will have to offer an array of features that I can't have on my rooted Droid 1 before I bite for example 10-12 meg camera, 1080p recording, LTE, etc.

cttooch

Reaction score
am i wrong but it doesn't look like any of these phones compare to the droid x.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
i like the devy and bravo but they have crappy specs. im still waiting for a smaller phone that has an 8mp camera with a good processor,

Detonation

Reaction score
All of these look cheap and are watering down the smart phone market. I've never really been a fan of motorola phones, and this definitely doesn't help that cause. My Droid 1 was decent, but all these new phones are quickly abandoning what was good about the D1. I'll stick with HTC.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I agree with the previous statement that too many phones defeat the purpose of having great quality phones. I wish they would concentrate on three or four phones max. And just concentrate on battery life! Front facing camera phones is just not necessary give me hardware improvements or an improved keyboard. More memory! I'm on a droid one so you can see why I'm whining.

FoFa

Reaction score
See, to me it looks like they are shooting for a different market.
Those teenagers that don't really care about smart phones (except maybe the i what's it called). So now they will have the same type phones they like, running android. Flip out keyboards, looks kewl to their friends, and mom and dad have to pay for some kind of data package.
With more android phones being sold, in the long run it could be good as a whole.