MOTOROKR S305's on Sale Again!!

rican408

Reaction score
I just checked.... at checkout its still 59.99. Midnite sale? Lol

OP
M

Murz

Reaction score
I have a question, they paired up great with the Droid however the notification sounds do not come through the headset and still through the Droid speaker, is this normal or is there a way to fix this??

Mine do the same thing. I'm not sure if there is a fix for it but it dosent bother me much. If I have my headphones on that means Im listening to music, and the notification pauses my music for a split second when it plays over the Droids speaker. So I still know when I've recieved a notification.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
I have had my pair for a while now. The sound is decent, not great, it's good for calls, not the best for music, they're worth the 26 bucks, but there isn't much low end response to these and they get some strange high frequency noises going on when nothing is playing, or sending information too.

cuskit

Reaction score
I have had my pair for a while now. The sound is decent, not great, it's good for calls, not the best for music, they're worth the 26 bucks, but there isn't much low end response to these and they get some strange high frequency noises going on when nothing is playing, or sending information too.
Hmm - I don't have that hf noise you speak of on mine (neither pair - I have two). Perhaps it's an interference from something nearby? Or is it everywhere you go? Makes me think of AM radio with the fluorescent lights.. ;)

I'd take them to your local VZW store and have them exchanged - they are pretty good with this. :) mike

OP
M

Murz

Reaction score
The only time I hear the strange high frequency sound is when the device is pairing. Even then its not all the time.

Ma_USMC

Reaction score
Take this with the proverbial grain of my favorite seasoning but Order support at VZW.com is saying no promo codes exist at this time.

No further information about future possibilities of codes came from the staff member.

I'm going to buy it now anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh, it's at $29 and free shipping if anyone is wondering.

MstrHnky

Reaction score
does anyone else use these at the gym? i start by doing 3+ miles on the treadmill and work up quite a sweat. the headset turns off after about 15-20 minutes. i can see the foam earpieces have some sweat on them, in addition to whatever is dripping off my head.

the power button doesn't turn them back on, but there is plenty of juice left. it takes a solid 45-60 minutes for them to "dry out" before they work again.

has anyone else experience this?

the only thing i'll try thursday is taking them off every 10 minutes or so and wipe them on my shirt to try and dry them off a bit. or maybe exchange for another pair. very frustrating.

OP
M

Murz

Reaction score
does anyone else use these at the gym? i start by doing 3+ miles on the treadmill and work up quite a sweat. the headset turns off after about 15-20 minutes. i can see the foam earpieces have some sweat on them, in addition to whatever is dripping off my head.

the power button doesn't turn them back on, but there is plenty of juice left. it takes a solid 45-60 minutes for them to "dry out" before they work again.

has anyone else experience this?

the only thing i'll try thursday is taking them off every 10 minutes or so and wipe them on my shirt to try and dry them off a bit. or maybe exchange for another pair. very frustrating.

I dont use mine to work out, but when I was reading up on them (before I purchased) some people were talking about the earpads soaking up sweat and not working properly. The only suggestion I saw was that one person said somthing about wrapping them in plastic so the foam part dosent soak up the sweat.

Are these worth it? Any other headphones anyone would recommend?

For under $30 they are the best option for stereo bluetooth headphones w/ a mic.

Last edited:

wildrage

Reaction score
This will do just fine, as long as you don't use them to work out, or get them wet...however, I picked up a rocketfish rf-mab2 from BestBuy for $30 that I had a better experience with. Also had a pair of Kensingtons (I know, sounds cheap, right), that haven't failed me yet. The to Moto models that i've purchased to date have both broken. One because of sweat, and the other one's buttons stopped working.

To get to the point, you can pick up several different models of stereo bluetooth headphones at the $30-$40 pricepoint if you look around.

J

jageryager

Now that you all have your S305's, how are they working? Myself and at least 3 other posters have realized that powering up the Motorokr S305 headset causes their Droid to reboot it's self sometimes. For me it happens about 30% of the time. Other people seem to be having even worse luck.