motorcycle mount ;)

peterpressure

Reaction score
Here's more detail to the motorcycle/bicycle mount I posted earlier. There are two versions available- low profile and standard. Standard comes with an eyeball type swivel to adjust viewing angle:

Here's a link to the item page for the swivel mount: Motorcycle/Bicycle Swivel Mount for Electronic Devices by: iGrip -. The complete kit for the Droid (with magnet) can be ordered in the drop down box at the page bottom. If interested, please PM me for a coupon code good for 10% off.

Is the Camera still visible with this mount? Can I see a pic from behind while the Droid is in the cradle?

skidemn

Reaction score
Here's more detail to the motorcycle/bicycle mount I posted earlier. There are two versions available- low profile and standard. Standard comes with an eyeball type swivel to adjust viewing angle:

Here's a link to the item page for the swivel mount: Motorcycle/Bicycle Swivel Mount for Electronic Devices by: iGrip -. The complete kit for the Droid (with magnet) can be ordered in the drop down box at the page bottom. If interested, please PM me for a coupon code good for 10% off.

Is the Camera still visible with this mount? Can I see a pic from behind while the Droid is in the cradle?

Because the camera is wide angle, it picks up the holder on the bottom of the picture so I really don't recommend it for trying to video or take pics while riding. You could move the phone around in the holder to clear the view, but then it doesn't really sit the way it was intended so while in a car it might be acceptable, on a bike with vibration, etc. I personally say no.

peterpressure

Reaction score
Nice video I just found of a Droid on someones Bike, not sure which mount he used: [video=youtube;_CFcCHBh5J4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CFcCHBh5J4]YouTube - First Ride with my Droid mounted onto the bike[/video]

crf69

Reaction score
we will see how it handles vibration......best have insurance

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
there are just too many things that could break the droid, vibration of course, dirt, (not sure on this one)but direct sunlight for an extended period of time, water. etc

on another note the gps in the droid as cool as it may be. is LIMITED. i know because i went on a trip to D.C. and while the gps worked great if i stayed on course. when i had to get off the route the gps had plan it COULDNT redirect me. and the reason why was, i was out of 3G coverage.. so the gps is Only as good as the 3g coverage you are in. so thank god i had my garmin gps with me or i would have been SOL... i now will not take a trip unless i have both gps's with me. which kinda defeats the point.. but i lived and learned. you can NOT solely rely on the Droid as a do it all gps as it Needs 3g coverage in order to be 100% functional.

peterpressure

Reaction score

Shot another video with this Mount, just got a new bike and it works great because my new bike has no windscreen! Enjoy!

[video=youtube;qTdO6FR8Zvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTdO6FR8Zvw]YouTube - Speed Triple Short Run[/video]