motorcycle mount ;)

coachrgraves

Reaction score
FYI motorcycle suction mounts........

Not sure what type of cup your using, purchased a motorola GPS this summer and tried to use suction mount just as the picture shows. Worked great for a few miles riding, vibration (I think) eventually caused it to fail. Not a good thing when traveling 65 mph down freeway.

Look into the ram mounts, they bolt on, making them permanently secured. Hate to think of you choosing to steer or catch you droid....................

Ride safe.....................

Guindalf

Reaction score
I was able to mount mine on the windshield. As suggested here, it was to the left side where the shield is flatter. I, too, was nervous of just relying on suction, even if I have a Royal Star Midnight Venture! :eek:

skidemn

Reaction score
Motorcycle/bicycle mount

We have two mounts made for motorcycles and bikes which you might like- a low profile bar mount and a raised profile bar mount. Here's a picture of the item shown without the optional sekure strap retention band:
GR1685motosm.jpg

You can read more about it here: Motorcycle/Bicycle Swivel Mount for Electronic Devices by: iGrip -

Here's the low profile version as seen on my mountain bike: Motorcycle/Bicycle Low-Profile Mount for Electronic Devices by: iGrip. On a personal note, I do not recommend using your beautiful new Droid on a mountain bike- the holder shown in the picture on my bicycle took a dirt nap after a particularly nasty crash and is no longer with us. Thankfully I was not using a device in it at the time!

Last edited:

biglipps66

Reaction score
You know they make stem mounts for bikes right????
ram - mounts dot com
Youll thank me for it :D

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I've been using RAM mounts for GPS and Sat radio on my bikes for years. You can get good prices on them through Express Mounts which is a sister company to GPS City.

And even if it would work I would NEVER use any kind of suction mount on the shield of a bike. No matter how good of a connection you think you have it will vibrate off when you least expect it.

This is a pic of my Garmin mounted with a RAM mount. Nice and secure.

garemlin-albums-my-photos-picture36144-ramgps01.jpg

cyber3d

Reaction score
Noticed your speedo is covered by the suction cup. There is an app called ADYNO. I believe it shows your gps speed. It may be drag racing app however.

calta220

Reaction score
Thats his tach, the speedo is a digital reading to the left of that.

RobertHaw

Reaction score
Any idea how resistant the droid is to vibration? Other than rain, that would be my only concern.

cyber3d

Reaction score
Hmmm, it'd be cool to have the Droid readout the RPMs! The Motoczysz e1pc uses an iPhone as it's dash.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice! I was talking about how to use the video of the phone on the bike as the clarity is better than the MotoComm set up I have now.

Any idea how resistant the droid is to vibration? Other than rain, that would be my only concern.
Shouldn't be an issue when carrying the front about 6" off the tarmac :D
Seriously, of rougher roads I'd be concerned as well.

Hmmm, it'd be cool to have the Droid readout the RPMs! The Motoczysz e1pc uses an iPhone as it's dash.
I agree!

Last edited:

sapo916

Reaction score
For the sake of your droid do not attach it to a motorcycle using only a suction cup. Your $600 device will most likely eat pavement this way.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm most interested in this thread as I have a Droid and a Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic. I went to the RAM site, and selected "cell phone" but found everything else. However, I'm concerned that the Droid might not fit in the cradle provided. Does anyone know which model cradle I'd need for the Droid to fit into?

I also concur that from everything I've read on Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums that you don't ever want to rely on a suction cup mount whatsoever.

R

racklefratz

Mounted this today, when i get some more free time I will be working on splicing some cables for continuous power..

Also going to try and find a way to use the camera as a video camera, just have to work on some different mounting options

Not to throw rain on your parade, but.....

The notoriously poor quality of the Droid camera isn't going to really give you much true satisfaction. I own and recommend the VIO POV system, designed for extreme applications, and works well.