MotoRage by DroidxRage (SweeterHome Theme Inspired by Motoroi)

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by DroidxRage, Jan 25, 2010.

1. DroidxRage

DroidxRage New Member

I've talked a little bit about it, but after playing around with Sweeter Home Beta a little bit, I planned out a nice layout and went to work creating my own theme.

Here's a thread about Sweeter Home if you haven't seen it. Basically it lets you create your own home screen replacement. Trust me though, it's time consuming and very involved, but I think the results are worth it. :)
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...acement-app-sweeter-home-public-beta-out.html

It was inspired by the screenshot of the Motoroi front-end. (See: New Motorola Android Phone Coming to the US)

Everything in the theme is completely stock to Sweeter Home. I used no images, so it should be easy for others to setup. Most of the widgets I have showing are free, with the exception of maybe Beautiful Widgets (which there is a free alternative). I designed it to be simple and effective, with a little bit of snazziness. I didn't want to clutter anything either, and I think that it is pretty intuitive. I used tagged trays wherever possible, and really tried to make it as easy to setup for people. The background image is just whatever wallpaper you have set, I just happen to be using something out of the Android 2.1 live wallpaper gallery that I'm fond of.

I made a really nice incarnation of landscape mode (redesigned completely to fit everything nicely on the screen) but I can't get a landscape screenshot... it only took the portrait image for some reason even holding the device in landscape with the keyboard out. I hope to have redesigned all of the landscape modes before initially uploading, we'll see though.

This is still in progress, and I'll have it online in the next few days... so here is a little teaser... Enjoy and let me know what you think! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. lsdozer

lsdozer New Member

I like how you have color coded the tagged trays with the spring boards. looks good.

Lewis
  3. Outlaw

Outlaw New Member

pretty sweet!
  4. DroidxRage

DroidxRage New Member

Thanks guys, yah I took the one image from the Motoroi, and just kinda ran with it...

One thing I really like, is that all my widgets aren't always running... its not until I invoke one of the springboard that launches it do they even load into memory.

So before I would average about 30-38mb after flipping through a few screens with all my widgets on them

Now I average 60-80mb free using sweeter home and "spring-loaded" widgets.

I hope to have it uploaded by this weekend... a few things came up this week (flat tire, swapping rims, etc.) that took up my days, but I'll post here when it's ready.

:)
  5. Droidlicous

Droidlicous New Member

Cant wait to see it!