MotoMaker for the Moto X Could Be Coming to Verizon on November 11th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
evleaks-verizon-moto-x-motomaker.png

According to a late Friday leak from @evleaks, Verizon may soon be getting the MotoMaker customization options process for their version of the Moto X. As a refresher, originally when the Moto X first launched, AT&T had the exclusive on the MotoMaker customization options which allows you to choose from a huge variety of different custom backplates built-in for your own personalized Moto X device. All of the other carriers, including Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile only offered the black or white version of the Moto X. At that time there were rumors that Verizon would eventually get the same MotoMaker options as the AT&T version. If this newest leak is accurate then that temporary exclusivity for AT&T will end and Verizon will be the first U.S. carrier to add the MotoMaker service.

What do you guys think? If you were considering getting the Moto X on Verizon would you wait a bit longer until this became an official option?

Source: Twitter - @evleaks via MotoXForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think when it comes to Verizon I'll believe it when I see it. With that said, I still think Moto made a mistake making it an AT&T exclusive at launch, but I guess they were banking on the new Droid lineup on Verizon anyway?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No because the MotoX is plenty good without fancy colors I'll ruin.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I thought I had originally read somewhere that MotoMaker was only exclusive to AT&T until November, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is actually going to happen.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hey Jackie, were you able to get any info on if Verizon is going to completely eliminate unlimited data by the end of 2014? It would be great to know so I can take advantage of the 6gb for $30 promo before it ends.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hey Jackie, were you able to get any info on if Verizon is going to completely eliminate unlimited data by the end of 2014? It would be great to know so I can take advantage of the 6gb for $30 promo before it ends.

I haven't seen any emails from Verizon about it. But I gave mine up today :-(

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So since you did the edge plan did you have to pay anything out of pocket upfront or was it $0 as they said?

I did not sign up for the Edge plan. I sell Verizon, so I am paying $35/month for 4gb data, unlimited minutes and text. The 6gb is not an option for employees :-(

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I did not sign up for the Edge plan. I sell Verizon, so I am paying $35/month for 4gb data, unlimited minutes and text. The 6gb is not an option for employees :-(

Is the 6GB plan in-store only? I didn't see the option online.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Is the 6GB plan in-store only? I didn't see the option online.

I'm not sure. I was told it is a 'last resort' for getting someone with unlimited to upgrade. I have unfortunately, only taken advantage of it on one sale thus far. I also read that it was a limited time offer to get it without the Edge plan.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I'm not sure. I was told it is a 'last resort' for getting someone with unlimited to upgrade. I have unfortunately, only taken advantage of it on one sale thus far. I also read that it was a limited time offer to get it without the Edge plan.

Hmmm. That's unfortunate. I guess I'll have to cause a ruckus at my local Verizon store when I'm ready to upgrade. Lol