Motocast?

Perch

Reaction score
Been playing with this thing for hours (its awesome) and I cant find MotoCast. Wasn't it supposed to be preloaded?

Sent from my RAZR using Tapatalk

RedTarget

Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet, but you get prompted to install it on your PC when plugged in and using USB mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
P

Perch

Reaction score
Plugged it into my iMac and nothing. I hope it works with macs because that's where all my stuff is.

RedTarget

Reaction score
I believe it is Windows only at the moment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

yoopermjm

Reaction score
Motocast is not just windows, it's mac too. Go here:

http://www.mymotocast.com/

d
ownload the appropriate link for your computer.

Install it.

Create an account on your computer.
Go to your phone and in Settings/Accounts/Add Accounts, click on motocast id.
Tell it what you told your computer
Once it's installed, you simply go to music and all your music is available if your computer is on.
If you want to work with the folders, go to apps and click on "files" ... that's your 'windows explorer' equivalent, but I don't know what this is in apple.
You now have your own secure, private cloud, just as long as your computer is up and running. This works from anywhere you can get tone.
pretty awesome!

OP
P

Perch

Reaction score
Thanks, ill give it a try in a little while.

Actuallee

Reaction score
Plugged it into my iMac and nothing. I hope it works with macs because that's where all my stuff is.

I have zumocast on my bionic which is essentially the same thing and I use a mac so that can't be the issue

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jtpowell

Reaction score

stu1019

Reaction score
Also make sure you select PC sync when you hook up via USB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jrmdroid

Reaction score
Been playing with this thing for hours (its awesome) and I cant find MotoCast. Wasn't it supposed to be preloaded?

it is located in the app drawer> files application. just open the app and you will a list and you will motocast computers. once you install motocast on your computer and create a user account you should be able access your computer wirelessly....

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
Another place you can find it is in the gallery. Once you open gallery its an option along with the library and a few others.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

maxtorque

Reaction score
Motocast Wireless software install not recognized

I cannot seem to get Motocast to work through my wireless. Everytime I open the MyMotocast page and log in it says I have not installed the Motocast software and provides a link, which is broken.
I have all but given up on this after spending the better part of a day trying to get this to work.
The Motocast USB feature seems to work just fine.

From my Driod Razr > Music> My Library > Motocast Icon, my phone prompts me with the Learn More, Maybe Later, and Setup Now options.
Selecting Setup now prompts me for a USB cable connection to my laptop to install the Motocast software, which is already installed.
Tapping on "Done installing on computer" brings up a "Motocast Setup Incomplete" message asking me again to install the software.

I have exceptions setup in my Norton security suite and have even tryied all of this with Norton completely shut down.

Has anyone else had this problem?
I would be greatful for some detailed instructions on how to fix this.
The Motorola support sight has been of no help.
Thanks.

motomax

Reaction score
As said in my intro, the Razr Max is my first Droid after 7 happy years with a Moto A840 (I miss the old fellow!). The Razr is fresh out of the box and on his first charge......and I am quite lost!

It took a while, but finally managed to transfer an Excel file from my XP Desktop to the Maxx and send it as an eMail attachment. Great when something works.

-- However, in the process, there was an attempt to load Motocast on the PC that failed (the install took a long time and reboots, but at the end, the Mobility program file directory was quasi empty, for sure no exe in there).

The install was triggered by clicking on the setup file from the PC. I see there is a way to do it from the phone side too.

-- Does Motocast do anything worth trying a second attempt at loading it up?

Thank you.

marmarinou

Reaction score
If installation from the RAZR failed, you can download the latest version of MotoCast from mymotocast.com