MotoCast Won't Load on Computer

Kas84

Reaction score
I can view my computer's files on my phone just fine, but I cannot get the damn desktop application to open up for some reason and I don't understand why. Cable is connected, I followed all the prompts and still nothing. That screen pops up saying that MotoCast USB is attempting to connect but it never does anything after that. I disconnected the thing like it said and made sure my phone screen wasn't locked and still no dice. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
You should be able to open motocast console from start menu on your pc. I have never connected my phone with motocast via usb, only wireless(wifi, 4G) and I don't think you can after taking a look at the preferences/settings/network tab in motocast console.

You did set up your connection in motocast first?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was looking in to how the new Razr (which I just got) connects to my pc as seen in the advertisements. I searched and possibly incorrectly came up with Motoblur. I downloaded it and installed it and it kept turning off my laptop about every 10 minutes.

I'm very interested in a solution if you find one. What to download on the laptop and what to install on the phone. There is no motocast on the Razr (Verizon) that I got.

thanks

ca.n

Reaction score
You can download the MotoCast Wireless software from MotoCast - Stream your media. It's your personal cloud.. The Razr does not have an exclusive MotoCast app. The three apps that are integrated with MotoCast are Files, My Gallery and My Music. Once you setup and create a user, just sign on with that same user on both your computer and your RaZr to access your contents.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can download the MotoCast Wireless software from MotoCast - Stream your media. It's your personal cloud.. The Razr does not have an exclusive MotoCast app. The three apps that are integrated with MotoCast are Files, My Gallery and My Music. Once you setup and create a user, just sign on with that same user on both your computer and your RaZr to access your contents.
Thanks. When I went to the link you provided, that was the install file that was shutting down my computer :frown:

Oh well.

ca.n

Reaction score
Thanks. When I went to the link you provided, that was the install file that was shutting down my computer :frown:

Oh well.

MotoCast is not MotoBlur. Did your laptop stop restarting after you uninstalled the software? What are the specs of your laptop? If you need the direct download link, let me know.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
MotoCast is not MotoBlur. Did your laptop stop restarting after you uninstalled the software? What are the specs of your laptop? If you need the direct download link, let me know.

I did stop shutting down. The exe file is the same name. Laptop is a basic dell inspiron 1525 with windows 7 and 4gb ram. Nothing stellar but not quite dinosaur yet

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ca.n

Reaction score
Try this, install the motocast 1.1.70.exe setup file, when it asks you to select the folders that you want to share, deselect all of them. Once that is done, lets wait and see if the software shuts down your computer automatically again. If it doesn't, then start to add the folders that you want to share back one at a time (MotoCast Wireless Settings). Let me know how that goes.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
will try

EDIT: one hour and good. Added some folders and seems to work
bigThumbUp.gif

Last edited:

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Woke this morning and the laptop was shut down again. I went through the event viewer and can't pin down what caused it, but do see when it happened, approximately 2 hours after install. However, no issues since power up at 9:40 this morning. I do like the functionality of this so I hope it continues to work. THanks for the help.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Woke this morning and the laptop was shut down again. I went through the event viewer and can't pin down what caused it, but do see when it happened, approximately 2 hours after install. However, no issues since power up at 9:40 this morning. I do like the functionality of this so I hope it continues to work. THanks for the help.

I would remove battery from laptop when you can remain plugged in and leave on to see if shuts off by itself again. I'd be surprised if it is Motocast causing this issue unless the installation is corrupt. Other than the setting to force your computer to stay awake, it does not control power settings.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

ablank

Reaction score
Motocast ~ I wish

So today, I tried to start using motocast in hopes that it would fix my woes with my music problems on my razr. I've installed motocast three times today on my HP Pavilion dv6 and I have yet to be able to even open it. When I click on it, all I get is the hourglass for one second and then nothing. This is really frustrating as it is from Motorola. Any suggestions on how to get it open? I've restarted my system, cleaned registry, optimized disks, everything. However, at one point the phone sync icon from Motocast popped up with an update, I took it but still no results. I would love to access this program.

ca.n

Reaction score
So today, I tried to start using motocast in hopes that it would fix my woes with my music problems on my razr. I've installed motocast three times today on my HP Pavilion dv6 and I have yet to be able to even open it. When I click on it, all I get is the hourglass for one second and then nothing. This is really frustrating as it is from Motorola. Any suggestions on how to get it open? I've restarted my system, cleaned registry, optimized disks, everything. However, at one point the phone sync icon from Motocast popped up with an update, I took it but still no results. I would love to access this program.

Try uninstalling all versions of java via the control panel --> uninstall programs (there maybe more than one). reboot. then go to java.com: Java + You and download the latest 32-bit version. Once thats completed, try MotoCAst setup again.

ablank

Reaction score
ca.n said:
Try uninstalling all versions of java via the control panel --> uninstall programs (there maybe more than one). reboot. then go to java.com: Java + You and download the latest 32-bit version. Once thats completed, try MotoCAst setup again.

Right on, so here's the fix. I had to stop unified remote server and install Java + you. Then I installed again and I'm all set. Such a cool program.