Motocast set off my anti-virus???

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A box popped up on my laptop, saying there was a new version of Motocast available, so I clicked ok, it downloaded, and started to install, and I got this from my AVG as it was installing???

Anyone??? I haven't clicked "Move to Vault" or "Allow" yet ...

Should I be concerned??? :eek:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Matty, the actual threat may only be that it allows access to your files on your pc by another device and the threat is the other device may be an intruder (someone you don't want to have access). In your case the intruder is you! I think you would get the same warning for any type of program that allowed access to the files on your pc from another place. You could test it out by installing something that has the possibilty of doing the same thing. One that comes to mind (only 'cause I just wrote about it in another thread), teamviewer would be a program that should give the same kind of warning.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Matty, the actual threat may only be that it allows access to your files on your pc by another device and the threat is the other device may be an intruder (someone you don't want to have access). In your case the intruder is you! I think you would get the same warning for any type of program that allowed access to the files on your pc from another place. You could test it out by installing something that has the possibilty of doing the same thing. One that comes to mind (only 'cause I just wrote about it in another thread), teamviewer would be a program that should give the same kind of warning.

Yeah you're right Tis ... it just caught me off guard. I did some Googling after my post and found others had had the same thing happened and Moto is aware of it. :blink:

Me? An intruder? :icon_ devil: