Motocast problems

ShoNuff

Reaction score
Hey I have been having a big problem with my motocast syncing lately. I usually try to connect and sync to my computer wireless but as of lately my phone just continues to say offline even though my computer is not. I have my computer set to be always on so that it doesn't go into hibernation or sleep. I have a droid razr maxx that is rooted but on stock rom. I've looked around the web for a solution and have yet to find one. Whenever I restart my computer or phone it will show its online for a second and sometimes it will show the songs other times it will not. After about 5 mins it will go back to offline. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

marmarinou

Reaction score
Hey I have been having a big problem with my motocast syncing lately. I usually try to connect and sync to my computer wireless but as of lately my phone just continues to say offline even though my computer is not. I have my computer set to be always on so that it doesn't go into hibernation or sleep. I have a droid razr maxx that is rooted but on stock rom. I've looked around the web for a solution and have yet to find one. Whenever I restart my computer or phone it will show its online for a second and sometimes it will show the songs other times it will not. After about 5 mins it will go back to offline. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

ShoNuff: Try the following:

Go to: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Gallery > Clear data and Clear cache

SallyC

Reaction score
Have you clicked on your computer even though it says offline? I've had it before where it says that but as soon as I click on it, its status changes.

OP
ShoNuff

ShoNuff

Reaction score
hey uhh I don't see where gallery is but I did go to motocast and cleared data cache showed 0.0 kb so nothing to clear. Now once I did that and went back to the gallery it prompted me to setup motocast. Afterwards it showed it was online but never showed the songs and then seconds later went back to offline. Sally yea thats what I use to do. Whenever it showed offline all I had to do was click on the motocast icon tray and then my phone would auto populate the songs and I was set. Now it does nothing.
ShoNuff: Try the following:

Go to: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Gallery > Clear data and Clear cache

SallyC

Reaction score
hey uhh I don't see where gallery is but I did go to motocast and cleared data cache showed 0.0 kb so nothing to clear. Now once I did that and went back to the gallery it prompted me to setup motocast. Afterwards it showed it was online but never showed the songs and then seconds later went back to offline. Sally yea thats what I use to do. Whenever it showed offline all I had to do was click on the motocast icon tray and then my phone would auto populate the songs and I was set. Now it does nothing.

Make sure you have the latest version of MotoCast on your computer. Then remove the folders in the Content tab, reboot and then add them back.

I've had to do that once. Maybe it will fix it.

OP
ShoNuff

ShoNuff

Reaction score
Okay whenever checking for updates it says I have the latest 1.2.9 and I went ahead removed all folders from motocast on my cpu saved and closed it then reopened and added the folders back. I went ahead and then restarted my cpu and once again it showed it was online for a brief moment never showed the sync icon and then went straight to offline. Now I do have my phone rooted could that be a problem? Also, I recently added a rom called eclipse on my maxx a couple of days ago. Didn't like it due to not having the my music app and restored my backed up stock rom using strap boot. Could this have been a problem also?? Well.... I did a hard reset even after that hummm....

SallyC

Reaction score
Okay whenever checking for updates it says I have the latest 1.2.9 and I went ahead removed all folders from motocast on my cpu saved and closed it then reopened and added the folders back. I went ahead and then restarted my cpu and once again it showed it was online for a brief moment never showed the sync icon and then went straight to offline. Now I do have my phone rooted could that be a problem? Also, I recently added a rom called eclipse on my maxx a couple of days ago. Didn't like it due to not having the my music app and restored my backed up stock rom using strap boot. Could this have been a problem also?? Well.... I did a hard reset even after that hummm....

When it comes to root problems - I know nothing, except that there seems to be many. But it sounds like a real possibility.

You could also post your problem on the Moto forums. Matt over there is very helpful, along with can.n and some others. But it's a "no root" kinda place so I would go back to stock before you ask their advice.

Possibly, with any luck, going back to stock would solve your problem or at least rule that out.

wcolton

Reaction score
I'm having similar problems

I'm having similar problems, were you ever able to resolve?