Motoblur social status widget

lowvolt

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can get this stock widget after you have rooted and installed a custom rom? I ask because when I post a status update from the widget it signs it with "via DROID" which I like. When I update through the app it signs it "via mobile" which is lame.
Thank you.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes you can... if your running a blur rom... such as liberty, apex, vortex...etc... but if you are running a 2nd init rom... such as cm7, liquid, miui, omfbg, ssx...etc... then you can't as they have every piece of blur removed and are built from pure aosp

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Damn ,You are the fastest responder ever. Lol. I am using ssx. Should I go to liberty? How do you like it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Is there perhaps another way of getting it to say via DROID? maybe a different app or widjet

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Damn ,You are the fastest responder ever. Lol. I am using ssx. Should I go to liberty? How do you like it?

liberty is a great rom... and it's got just a touch of blur... and you can also add in what you want... and it has great battery life... the best advice i can give for this... is... simply... if you're curious about... give it a try... see how you like it... it's well worth it

Is there perhaps another way of getting it to say via DROID? maybe a different app or widjet

as far as i know... the only way to get it to say droid is threw the app... sadly...

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Can I flash to liberty from ssx? Or do I have to sbf to 602 then flash.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can just flash liberty 3 from ssx 2.2...

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Sweet. I'll try it.
Thanx bro.

OP
lowvolt

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay so here's a ? I should probably make a nandroid backup of my ssx setup yes? Or would it be better to just install boot manager and flash liberty from there

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when your trying something like this... is always good to make a back up... just incase....
and since you got boot manager... instead of installing like you did ssx... you can just install it threw boot manager instead....
but ya... it'll still be a good idea to make a nandroid....