Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Motoblur Gets An Update

New MotoBlur UI coming to Motorola Android Phones. Some phones, like the Atrix 4G will receive the new UI through an update, while others will have it shipped on device later this year. Many of the upgraded features include enhanced photo-sharing and media syncing and location based social interaction.

Other feature updates include:
* Tracking and remote wipe in case the device is lost or stolen
* Improved data and contact backup
* location based social interaction
* Connected music sharing service and photo gallery

BY JAMES DERUVO
Source: Android Community

Last edited:
R

RETG

Guess I'll be the first to ask. Will this apply to phones like the X, D2, etc.? Or does anyone really know right now?

craigboy

Reaction score
Motoblur gets an update

New MotoBlur UI coming to Motorola Android Phones. Some phones, like the Atrix 4G will receive the new UI through an update, while others will have it shipped on device later this year. Many of the upgraded features include enhanced photo-sharing and media syncing and location based social interaction.

Other feature updates include:
* Tracking and remote wipe in case the device is lost or stolen
* Improved data and contact backup
* location based social interaction
* Connected music sharing service and photo gallery

BY JAMES DERUVO
Source: Android Community

Windows 7 much

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain it will be on the x and 2 in fact I'm pretty sure its the same version of blur that was on the 3.0 leak for the Droid 2.

tappin and a talkin

dbst

Reaction score
I really hope the D2 gets this update

Sent from my Elocity A7 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure It will. Like I said it looks on the surface like the3.0 leak but i dont know how much was there feature wise. Hookbil tried it out, he's been stock lately, and iirc he liked it but had some battery issue that may have been attributed to a widget.

tappin and a talkin

Donsell

Reaction score
The best update they could do to blur is make it optional.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big blur fan. I think I might be going back to stock soon. I guess I will have to in order to get the blur update.

Eiji

Reaction score
I don't mind blur. I bought the devour when it came out. Of course I realized in 48 hours the verizon rep had salestalked me into a peice of **** and switched for the OG droid. I missed blur for a bit since facebook and txt were my primary addictions. I don't know if I could go back to blur, but it wouldn't bother me that much if my phone had it when I upgraded.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Detonation

Reaction score
I tried the Connected Music Player when it leaked and its basically just a ripoff of TuneWiki that isn't even as good. And still nothing compared to apps like PowerAmp.

And I still don't know why the insist only having Dialer and Contacts shortcuts in the dock bar...come on they take you to the same place just a different tab.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Blur is not bad if it is used at the minimum that is why I run Apex with a few things removed.

Donsell

Reaction score
Alot of people probably like Blur, I just wish we were given the option to uninstall it and run Android naked.

I have the OD that's running Liquid Gingerbread very well. I haven't seen a phone yet that's compelling me to upgrade. Even to get the Thunderbolt I'd have to go back to 2.2 and who knows when I'd get an upgrade?