Moto Z4 General Discussions

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My phone updated and the app icons returned to circle. The option for changing their shapes seems to be gone too. Any ideas?
It's in a different place in Android 10. Open Settings and search for "shape" or "icon". And you might have to re-enable Developer Options

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Jbkaufman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto z4
It's in a different place in Android 10. Open Settings and search for "shape" or "icon". And you might have to re-enable Developer Options

Thank you very much! Now I don't have to look at dumb circles anymore :)

Jbkaufman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto z4
Well, my Moto Z 4 updated again. The lock screen no longer shows the large circle with battery percentage around the clock. Any idea how to get this back? Also is there any way to turn off these updates? I don't enjoy relearning my phone every few months... Thanks, Jake

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Long press an empty area on the home screen > widgets > scroll down and find Time & Weather widget > drag and drop to the home screen.

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Two updates ago I lost the Moto clock widget which I love. This time I did not lose it. I did lose my favorite ringtone. Even though I went to settings, sound, advanced, phone ringtone, and selected my downloaded ringtone it still will only use the lame standard ringtones.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The phone app might have had permissions updates and now needs new permission to access local storage.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are you using the Phone app to try and select the ringtone?

Also, I just remembered....with one of the Android OS updates Moto really dorked this up for my Z2 Force along with a bunch of other people....we couldn't use custom sounds for call ringtones. I can't remember if it worked on my Z4 or not?

Last edited:

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Yes. Bought a Pixel 4XL

I'm considering newer pixel with fingerprint does but that has faceid and I my 2800mah how do you like it does the battery last a long time?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But... but the Edge, bro?!? Moto NAILS a flagship finally!! I'm debating that now and the OP 8.
I still love Moto phones. But I wanted to try Pixel. I'm tired of Moto not providing timely updates, and software bugs that go untouched for months. I might buy a Moto phone again, but right now I am really enjoying the Pixel experience

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm considering newer pixel with fingerprint does but that has faceid and I my 2800mah how do you like it does the battery last a long time?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
What? I can't understand that post, there's no punctuation to identify clear sentences or questions