Moto Z4 General Discussions

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Hey y'all, hope everyone is doing okay.
I just got a new truck that's got a wireless charging cubby. I'm not sure what I've got to do/get to make my phone work with this. I really don't want a wireless charging battery mod -- I'm trying to keep the weight down as I'm having some issues with my hands. Is there a style shell that accepts wireless charging? I've been looking around online and not finding anything other than the battery mods.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just got a new truck that's got a wireless charging cubby. I'm not sure what I've got to do/get to make my phone work with this. I really don't want a wireless charging battery mod -- I'm trying to keep the weight down as I'm having some issues with my hands. Is there a style shell that accepts wireless charging? I've been looking around online and not finding anything other than the battery mods.

Yes, Moto did make a wireless charging Style Shell Mod. It was just like the regular Style Shells except 2mm thicker with the wireless charging coil inside. They made two colors, a flowery one and grey ballistic nylon. The problem is that they are very, very hard to find these days. Hopefully you can find one on eBay or another buyer <> seller type of site. They haven't made them new in a few years.

Edit: here is a screenshot of the Moto website page, so you have an idea what they look like.

8c2271ff0245ff249fdb60be1a59cefb.jpg

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yes, Moto did make a wireless charging Style Shell Mod. It was just like the regular Style Shells except 2mm thicker with the wireless charging coil inside. They made two colors, a flowery one and grey ballistic nylon. The problem is that they are very, very hard to find these days. Hopefully you can find one on eBay or another buyer <> seller type of site. They haven't made them new in a few years.

Edit: here is a screenshot of the Moto website page, so you have an idea what they look like.

8c2271ff0245ff249fdb60be1a59cefb.jpg
Thanks! I think I'll go check out eBay.
Have a wonderful Christmas @Sajo!

tomthbomb

Reaction score

If they worked well would not Motorola still be selling them?

tomthbomb

Reaction score
My fingerprint reader works just fine with one finger (no, not that one) but does not work with the other three as set up. One is my wife's in case she needs to access my phone.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I just think it's a step backwards if the in screen fingerprint isn't as good as the dedicated old ones. I hope next generation readers are better or they make face I'd as good as apple

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just think it's a step backwards if the in screen fingerprint isn't as good as the dedicated old ones. I hope next generation readers are better or they make face I'd as good as apple

They are just as good in my opinion. But no matter how many people say that............

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Good God man! Hope your day job does not involve making too many decisions.

Seriously though... Just about every phone out for sale right now is a winner... Yes, even those made by that fruit company...

Make a list of what you Need in a phone, add another separate column for stuff you Want in a phone. A third column for "no danged way, not getting that feature/features". End it all with a fourth column of "I can live with that".

Rethink, don't narrow yourself down to just "moto z 3 or 4".

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Want long battery easily rechargable

Prefer water proof and Moto mod battery

Want hard to break phone to drop

Only match seems to be z2 force toying with buying spares and waiting to see what comes out.

Going into Verizon stores the seem to only display iPhones , Samsung phones and a small section for the z4

Searching o. Web seems to be a lot more phones hate there is no place to test em.

Similarly best buy seems to have small selection of phones on display

Hopefully 2020 will bring something innovative

dmv4

Reaction score
First time on this forum, i have a moto z4, and inadvertently force stop the "Ring" on the face of my cell, now I can't find it, anybody have any idea how I can get it back...

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
First time on this forum, i have a moto z4, and inadvertently force stop the "Ring" on the face of my cell, now I can't find it, anybody have any idea how I can get it back...
Welcome to the Forum. If you mean the Time & Weather widget....long press an empty area on your home screen > select Widgets > scroll down and select the round Time and Weather widget and drag and drop back to your home screen.

dmv4

Reaction score
I checked that, and no Time/weather widget...sigh.... Thank You...

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I checked that, and no Time/weather widget...sigh.... Thank You...
Have you restarted your phone since you force closed that widget?