Moto Z4 announced

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Moto Z4 was announced this morning rather quietly on the Moto website. Is there any chance one of the Admin folks could create a Moto Z4 thread under the Moto Z main thread? Like how we have sub threads for the Z2 and Z3? Thanks!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I just read the story on Android Authority. Wow... They killed that phone. The specs are horrible. I'm very disappointed. I was looking forward to maybe going back to the Z line. This G7 is nice but LG's lack of timely updates is really terrible. Oh well, I still have time. Let's see what else comes out.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think they have realized that their $700 + phones didn't sell very well, and are keeping all new phones in the less than $500 range. Seems to be working great for the G series. Their new ad campaign seems to be...."get a really nice phone without spending a grand...". I guess they figure if the Pixel 3a can run a 670 chip just fine, the Z4 can run a 675 chip just fine. And really 4GB of RAM is all modern Android needs. Anything else is just overkill and looks good on paper. My main concern before buying this thing is the initial unboxing video on Droid Life (not that weird video from the guy that found one on Amazon) is that the in screen fingerprint sensor seemed a little slow and the lip between phone & Moto Mods. Once Verizon has them in stock around June 13th I want to see one in person and then decide.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Same here. Just looking for the next z. Not looking at the latest and greatest. Done with that... They are obsolete 2 minutes after you activate them.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Very true. But I have gotten use to having a head phone jack again.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm still waiting for pumped up Moto... I don't like the way the mods fit the new Z4... Frankenstein looking lol... I'm sure it will be a good phone.. I'd wait till some price drop should be around the Pixel 3a range...

@Sajo I only see a Z and Z Force area

Moto Z (Moto Z & Moto Z Force)

S10+ Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What about a new sub topic right in the Motorola Phones area BK? We never had a sub topic for the Z3 last year, and the year before the Z2 was lumped in as a sub-sub-topic of the Moto Z / Z Play Z Force topic.
593f4e084973c229161aed8569c8beae.jpg

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Very true. But I have gotten use to having a head phone jack again.
The Z4 has a headphone jack. Moto said....."we listened to our customers and the overwhelming responses.....". so they put a headphone jack on the Z4.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What about a new sub topic right in the Motorola Phones area BK? We never had a sub topic for the Z3 last year, and the year before the Z2 was lumped in as a sub-sub-topic of the Moto Z / Z Play Z Force topic.
593f4e084973c229161aed8569c8beae.jpg

Sounds like a plan @pc747 can you help get one up for us when you get a chance...

S10+ Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Will do it when I get home today.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks guys!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
My z4 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow according to ups. Still rocking the original z play but it's showing its age with 80ish apps getting constant updates to them.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
This phone is great! Such a huge screen and built in fingerprint reader into display works pretty good. Now just hope Verizon comes up with a bumper for it because my custom $3 bumper I made from a case on Amazon isn't that good quality. Tpu rubber is too soft.

Forgot one more thing. Moto finally got the camera on point! This is a shot in pitch black basement without flash, only light source is from window well.

Thank you moto!
16ab9f6fd6dc932de7901733414faddc.jpg