Moto Z Play 3??

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Motorola may announce Moto Z3 with 5G Moto Mod this week

Is that the big news for Motorola's event in August?

The Moto Z3, the latest in Motorola's line of phones with magnetic snap-on accessories called Moto Mods, may become the first 5G-capable device thanks to its modularity. The rest will have to wait for their next-generation models to incorporate the new 5G chipsets.

That's the recent speculation about the company's upcoming announcements for Thursday, according to The Android Report, which also claims it will be exclusive to Verizon and that it will supersede a Z3 Force this year.
Loading video

5G is the upgraded wireless technology intended to improve on the speed, coverage and responsiveness of connections over the current 4G LTE. It's not clear if you'll actually be able to use it for making calls, though it would likely be welcome for fast data transfer. Existing Mods include the Vital Modo Mod, Livermorium Keyboard Slider, Hasselblad True Zoom camera and some batteries.

The entry-level model in the series, the Z3 Play, recently began shipping.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There are a few rumors surrounding Thursdays event. One is that it will be the Z3 with a 5G Moto Mod. Another rumor is the Motorola One will be announced. And another rumor is that both will be announced. I guess we shall see for sure on Thursday.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty lame. Big Moto fail. I sure hope they have something better up their sleeve.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Since they didn't announce the rumored Motorola One yesterday, I think that is still in the works and a later release. The only issue is that it probably won't be for sale in the US. But then again, maybe that could be the first Android One phone that US carriers decide to support and sell? Maybe?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
No Moto Z3 Force

There Won’t be a Moto Z3 Force

Following Motorola’s reveal of the Moto Z3 yesterday, a number of people wanted to know when the Moto Z3 Force would drop. I have bad news for you – it’s never coming.

According to Motorola’s US Twitter account, this is it for the Moto Z3 line. They aren’t planning to launch any more Moto Z phones in 2018.

In previous years, we’ve had both Moto Z and Moto Z Force phones. The Force line was often the slightly upgraded version of the regular Z, plus it included a shatterproof display. With no Moto Z3 Force coming, this is the option for users wanting a high-end Moto Z3 experience.

Of course, that’s somewhat disappointing if you wanted 2018 specs in your 2018 phone. The Moto Z3 is a lot like a 2017 phone in a 2018 Moto phone body. It does cost just $480, though.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think Shattershield has reached it's end TxDoc. Maybe it never really caught on the way Moto hoped? Maybe it was too expensive to mass produce? Or maybe it was all the complaining all over the Internet about scratches by people that didn't understand a plastic shatter proof screen would scratch easily if left unprotected? In any case I believe we have seen the end of Shattershield. It was great while it lasted. We had three awesome phones that had shatter proof screens. Now we have to see what next year brings.

First the Droid brand died off in 2016 and now Shattershield ends in 2018. Tines change I suppose.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I think Shattershield has reached it's end TxDoc. Maybe it never really caught on the way Moto hoped? Maybe it was too expensive to mass produce? Or maybe it was all the complaining all over the Internet about scratches by people that didn't understand a plastic shatter proof screen would scratch easily if left unprotected? In any case I believe we have seen the end of Shattershield. It was great while it lasted. We had three awesome phones that had shatter proof screens. Now we have to see what next year brings.

First the Droid brand died off in 2016 and now Shattershield ends in 2018. Tines change I suppose.

I've been super satisfied with Gorilla Glass and a glass screen protector. I never experienced the plastic screen, but it didn't attract me. I guess it didn't work out, at least this generation.