Moto Z Getting Oreo "In a Few Weeks"

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, the Talk To Me option. At least I think that's what it was. Funny you mention that because we were just discussing that on the Moto Forum also.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yep, the Talk To Me option. At least I think that's what it was. Funny you mention that because we were just discussing that on the Moto Forum also.

Haven't been on there (or even here) in awhile. I'll try to pop over there later and see what y'all are saying about it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Haven't been on there (or even here) in awhile. I'll try to pop over there later and see what y'all are saying about it.

Nothing useful, just that it no longer exists in newer phones with the newer versions of the Moto app.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
That seriously makes me sad. I loved that feature! It was so helpful while driving. Especially commuting in bad weather or if there was a major breaking news announcement.

Soccerref12

Reaction score
Hmm, my location services got turned off today. I have no idea what's turning it off. Frustrating.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Mine has been fine, turned On since my last post. But my wife's Z2 Play had Location turn itself to Off the night before last. So Driving Mode didn't work yesterday. Very weird.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01

Is this:
Moto-> Voice-> Talk-Talk to Me
To tell you if incoming texts, read the texts and query you to reply and check to make sure that Moto understood your reply before sending?
What's the reasoning behind removing this feature?
If it's gone on future models, I would think/hope a private app would replace this useful feature. I love this and use it everyday. I use it while driving and when I connect my earbuds.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is this:
Moto-> Voice-> Talk-Talk to Me
To tell you if incoming texts, read the texts and query you to reply and check to make sure that Moto understood your reply before sending?
What's the reasoning behind removing this feature?
If it's gone on future models, I would think/hope a private app would replace this useful feature. I love this and use it everyday. I use it while driving and when I connect my earbuds.

No, we are taking about an old feature that was called Talk To Me. Not the same as the current Talk To Me within the Moto app. What you described works fine for me. What we were talking about was when you could say....Hey Moto (or whatever your launch phrase was)....What's up? And she would read you your current notifications and other pertinent information. All hands free. That all stopped a few Moto app versions ago.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
No, we are taking about an old feature that was called Talk To Me. Not the same as the current Talk To Me within the Moto app. What you described works fine for me. What we were talking about was when you could say....Hey Moto (or whatever your launch phrase was)....What's up? And she would read you your current notifications and other pertinent information. All hands free. That all stopped a few Moto app versions ago.

Ohhhhh ....like Emily Latella from SNL.."Evermind"
I'll be over here... Sorry

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's all good TXDoc. It can be a little confusing at times since the Talk To Me option has changed a few times over the years, and has performed different functions during those changes. The old "What's Up" command was kind of cool.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So....here's a good one. I was trying to help someone on another Forum figure out how to turn off the annoying Download Complete sound with Oreo. I finally figured it out, but not sure I could remember if asked. . After all of that "experimenting" on my phone, all Notification for G Mail stopped. And I get a lot of G Mail every day. Google really over-complicated these new Notification settings with Oreo, in my humble opinion. I think I finally figured out how to get my G Mail notifications working again....I think.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
So....here's a good one. I was trying to help someone on another Forum figure out how to turn off the annoying Download Complete sound with Oreo. I finally figured it out, but not sure I could remember if asked. . After all of that "experimenting" on my phone, all Notification for G Mail stopped. And I get a lot of G Mail every day. Google really over-complicated these new Notification settings with Oreo, in my humble opinion. I think I finally figured out how to get my G Mail notifications working again....I think.

O M G
At that point, were you experiencing a
anagnorisis??

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
O M G
At that point, were you experiencing a
anagnorisis??

I actually had to look that word up in the dictionary (Google search). I learned something new today. I think I had more of a "hulk smash phone" type of morning. But it's working correctly now.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, be honest now, who DIDN"T have to look up that word? "Hulk smash" is much more descriptive of the feelings I would have.