Moto Z Force Droid Accessories

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I picked up a bumper case from Verizon that works with the battery mods, it covers the edges perfectly and the mod attaches as it should. I do not know of a case that'll work to cover the phone and the mod together. I also recommend the Incipio offGrid battery mod as it has a soft grip like texture vs the slick feel of the brushed metal Tumi mod.

Link to bumper case... Verizon Two-Tone Bumper for Moto Z Force Droid - Verizon Wireless

~sent while mobile~
Thank you! Good to know a mod does, in fact, fit with a thin case. Please tell me some more about the battery mod you're referring to. Is that through Motorola or somewhere else?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Also, the battery mods will charge when attached to your phone and the wireless charging ones will charge on a wireless charger without being attached to the phone.

~sent while mobile~

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I ordered the Tumi (with wireless charging) thru Verizon...

TUMI Wireless Charging Power Pack Moto Mod - Verizon Wireless

But they also have it without wireless charging...

TUMI Power Pack Moto Mod - Verizon Wireless

The Incipio battery mod (with wireless charging), I ordered thru Best Buy...

Incipio - offGRID 2220 mAh Moto Mod Portable Charger - Black

These are also available on the Moto site but when I checked a few days ago, some were showing sold out.

~sent while mobile~
And the Incipio is grippier? Yes, I found them on Moto's site, but it appears they're sold out.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are the Incipio is grippier? Yes, I found them on Moto's site, but it appears they're sold out.

Yes, it has a nice texture to it.

~sent while mobile~

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yes, it has a nice texture to it.

~sent while mobile~
Cool! I just checked my invoice & the battery mods got overlooked while I was ordering over the phone. I had requested the regular one because we don't have wireless chargers. I saw where you said the battery will charge through the phone. Is that both styles? Looks like I'm glad the order got messed up. At least the phones will be here Friday Now I need to rethink what battery to get.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
All the battery mods will charge while attached to the phone... Since I haven't seen one without wireless charging, I am only making an assumption that it does not have a port to charge independent of the phone.

The battery mods with wireless charging, do not have any charging ports and can be charged via the wireless charger independent of the phone it while attached to the phone.

~sent while mobile~

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
All the battery mods will charge while attached to the phone... Since I haven't seen one without wireless charging, I am only making an assumption that it does not have a port to charge independent of the phone.

The battery mods with wireless charging, do not have any charging ports and can be charged via the wireless charger independent of the phone it while attached to the phone.

~sent while mobile~
Soooooo, maybe I should consider a couple of wireless chargers soon.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Soooooo, maybe I should consider a couple of wireless chargers soon.

Wireless charging is certainly nice for sure...

~sent while mobile~

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Wireless charging is certainly nice for sure...

~sent while mobile~
Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to keep all these gadgets juiced up while we're camping next month... Maybe I'll take a generator
Off to research wireless chargers...
Thanks again for your help!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to keep all these gadgets juiced up while we're camping next month... Maybe I'll take a generator
Off to research wireless chargers...
Thanks again for your help!

You are welcome and good luck!

The battery mods with wireless charging, will still charge if attached to the phone and the phone is charging via USB-C (all the mods will), so if you don't get wireless chargers right off you'd be able to charge while attached to the phone (just wanted to clarify that)...

~sent while mobile~

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
You are welcome and good luck!

The battery mods with wireless charging, will still charge if attached to the phone and the phone is charging via USB-C (all the mods will), so if you don't get wireless chargers right off you'd be able to charge while attached to the phone (just wanted to clarify that)...

~sent while mobile~
Yeah, I figured that out. Thank you so much! You've really helped a lot. Without having the phone in my hand, I'm a little lost to exactly how the setup all works. Anxious to try it all out!

Clamshell

Reaction score
Second case, also from Verizon... Incipio Performance Series Level 4 Case for Moto Z Force Droid - Verizon Wireless

This case offers more protection than the case in the previous post - it is a 2 part case as seen in the last picture. Definitely comparable to the Otterbox Commuter and my personal preference is the Incipio Performance Series (the Turbo 2 case offers a built in screen protector but this one does not). The edges of the case do come up above the edge of the phone but does not hinder swipes from the side or the fingerprint sensor in usage. The buttons are completely smooth, no raised or indented area so you have to kinda get used to that. The USB-C port is covered but the flap is a soft silicone and is easily opened and the cord can be inserted. The outer shell of the case does have a plastic lip (can be seen in pics) which I wasn't sure if I would like at first but do I like it but (and I have not tested) not sure how it would hold up to a long fall (I am sure it would protect the phone but not sure if it wouldn't crack or break if that was to happen).

View attachment 76782

View attachment 76783

View attachment 76784

View attachment 76785

View attachment 76786

~sent while mobile~
Great pictures. Thx for this.The Force seems slippery IMHO. I'll bet this would make the Force easier to hold. More grippy?
I need a case that is easy to put on and take off as I have the JBL speaker which is getting regular use. Being sarcastic here but do you need a crowbar or cutting utensil to get the case off or put it on? Thx in advance for your reply.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Being sarcastic here but do you need a crowbar or cutting utensil to get the case off or put it on?

ROFL, been there, done that!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Great pictures. Thx for this.The Force seems slippery IMHO. I'll bet this would make the Force easier to hold. More grippy?
I need a case that is easy to put on and take off as I have the JBL speaker which is getting regular use. Being sarcastic here but do you need a crowbar or cutting utensil to get the case off or put it on? Thx in advance for your reply.

The case is pretty easy to get on and off since it is a hard plastic shell over the durable rubberish shell...There are no clips or snaps like the Defender - it would truly be more comparable to the Commuter...

My local VZW had them in stock - maybe you could get some hands on time with it before the actual purchase.