Moto Z Force 2?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's that time again our Moto fans and forum friends ...who is ready for the rumors and next Moto Z Force ...

I came across this leak on my feeds

Exclusive: Moto Z2 Force revives the headphone port (new renders and video)

d11a832b1833fb2109c599c3309db734.jpg
fe400ee49898a0e2f26f4e45e3d8fe2d.jpg

7+

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Looks good. Not much different than the current Z series, a few small changes and a headphone jack. I figured it wouldn't look much different since Moto said that current Moto Mods would work with the next 2 generations of Z phones. Not much you can change in size & shape and keep that promise. I like it though, and will probably end up buying it (even though I don't "need" it).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Looks good. Not much different than the current Z series, a few small changes and a headphone jack. I figured it wouldn't look much different since Moto said that current Moto Mods would work with the next 2 generations of Z phones. Not much you can change in size & shape and keep that promise. I like it though, and will probably end up buying it (even though I don't "need" it).

Yup makes sense ...just keep improving on the internals IMO is the way to go ...

7+

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I might buy it too. I keep on losing my headphone jack adapter ( lol) if you don't use your adapter, Sajo, is be willing to buy yours as a spare!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
If I could choose one thing to add to this phone it'd be a little pull out slot or something somewhere to store the adapter. Probably not very practical and .1% chance of it happening, but, it'd be nice :) Those things are so small...

Or just give us a plug with a removable micro-USB...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Why not just get a decent pair of Bluetooth headphones and not worry about the adapter? Some are as inexpensive as plugged headphones and sound good.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Why not just get a decent pair of Bluetooth headphones and not worry about the adapter? Some are as inexpensive as plugged headphones and sound good.

That would be a better idea...I had a set all picked out but I got lazy and didn't get them... This would be a good time to do just that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I should clarify I meant the USBC adapter not the headphone jack adapter....because unfortunately Bluetooth headphones don't transfer data, which I do quite often as a musician and techie :/

And you can't just install Airdroid on various people's computers because you're the only one without a micro-USB...

And a lot of old micro-USB's don't support data transfer on new hardware, so even with the adapters and a history of smart phones, I only have one micro-USB to actually transfer data with for this phone...

There is also a noticeable difference between data transfer on a micro-usb with the adapter and a straight up micro-usb c cable.

I don't think it's too much to ask for a detachable micro-usb C cable to be included in the Z Force 2...

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I've enjoyed my Z Force since mid-October '16. I don't see an additional speaker to handle the notifications while on a call, and media, on the Z Force 2. It's not a huge problem for me, but unless Moto has figured out a way to handle the lack of a second speaker (better than it currently has) I see the same issues continuing for owners. However, as long as the current mods are compatible with the new phones, I could be tempted 6 months from now. Time will tell.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A rumored 360 view. Hard to say if it's single speaker or dual.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I love how some "tech experts" are already bashing the new Moto Z series for 2017 and the phones have not even been officially announced yet. Some folks claiming that it's not innovative enough & looks too much like the original, etc, etc. Do they not realize the Moto Mod concept (and price of Moto Mods)? The fact that Moto announced that all current Moto Mods would work on the second gen Moto Z, and new Moto Mods for the second gen will work with the original lineup, is a brilliant move. Obviously the new phones can't change drastically to keep that promise, but it means that they will probably keep more customers around and sell more Moto Mods. What some "experts" are calling boring and uninspiring I am calling awesome!

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I agree Sajo, it is awesome and very practical for current and future owners of this great phone. I continue to love mine

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
The fact that this Line is the ONLY Modular Phone System on the market and they are going to be compatible with 1st Gen Mods and newer ones is innovative.These are all Apple Fanboys hating. Talk about lack of innovation they keep adding Android features and are thought to be innovative. Besides, other than getting Bigger how much and the overall design changed since the iPhone 4?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OMG When is this thing coming out??? Shouldn't it be like NOW?
Since the Z Play 2 was announced a few weeks ago, I would imagine the Z Force 2 should be announced soon.