Moto Z "Edge" Moto Mod Concept Brings RGB Light Notifications To The Device!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Feb 11, 2017.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,234
    [​IMG]

Unlike the LG G5's attempt at modular concept the Moto Z included what felt like a more complete and less beta approach to a modular design. I thoroughly enjoyed the magnetic mods which made adding new mods simple and convenient. In order to keep the modular design relevant and to avoid waning interest Motorola and Lenovo have teamed up with Indiegogo hoping to encourage the further development of Moto Mods.

One of these projects the Edge Moto Mod seeks to bring a custom RGB light notification to the Moto Z family. The mod snaps to the back of the device with magnets and adds RGB notifications to the device's frame. This is similar to what the Galaxy S7 edge has and it allows you to see incoming notifications even when your screen is turned face down. I think this mod looks amazing and would love to see it jump from prototype to actual product!

via Indiegogo

• Like Like x 2
  2. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,044
    Was hoping they were going to combine battery with wireless charging but nope. I'll pass.

3. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,566
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    I hope this guy sells a ton of these, we need more inovation, more creativity in the tech world. Way to think outside the box and develop a new product!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,566
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    Here is another cool new Moto Mod style shell idea that has gained interest in other tech forums. Two options, one with wireless charging only and one with wireless charging & IR transmitter.

The Ultimate Moto Z Mod with Wireless Charging

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +598
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note8
    At first look i was like Boring for Just LED Notifications but upon further Reading Basically its like the Incipio OffGrid I have with the LED Notifications. Not a Bad Concept but I REALLY Wish that one of these Moto Mod Vendors would find a way to get the NFC working with a MOD Attached. Also Im still waiting for the Modular Mod that would be like how Ara was Supposed to be like the Nextpaq Case.

nexpaq: the first truly modular smartphone case

This would make for a Great Moto Mod. IMHO.

6. grunt0300

grunt0300 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +161
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge, Nexus 6P
    So, in order to get RGB light notifications on my Z Force Droid( an option that should have been on the phone in the first place), i have to spend more money to buy a Moto Mod. Great concept! Can't wait to get out of my Verizon contract and get over to T-Mo.:rolleyes:

7. RETG

RETG Active Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Will never be on my list. One reason why I have liked the past models and the Z is the lack of LED idiot light. I like the notifications the way they are now. But I agree that the more mods made available the more value there is to the phone line. And there might even sell a few.;)

Also, what is a contract? :D

What I would like to see is a company such as Otterbox or Incipio make a case (e.g., Commuter) that also connects to the phone and allows for wireless charging. My Turbo had wireless charging but never used it since it didn't work when in a case (Otterbox for example) so I found it worthless and never used it.

8. Razzorr

Razzorr New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    We have 2 Moto Droid Turbo's with cases that charge wireless. One has the otterbox and the other has the lifecase. We are using an Itain Qi charger from Amazon. It is cheap, but it works. Did have to use a better USB cable on the charger. Lack of wireless charging is why we have not upgraded our phones to the Moto Droid Z Force or any others.

LOL Motorola made a good phone with the Droid Turbo and has not made one that can replace it. Battery life, wireless charging and so forth. I do not plan to spend that kind of money and go backward. To get wireless and the battery life you have to pay more for an add on.

9. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,566
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    I hope both of these new Mods see the light of day and sell really well. Here's to supporting local entrepreneurs as they try to create innovative new tech.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other Tech Forums are talking about these guys and applauding their inguneity and innovation. If we truly still are a good forum we should be doing the same, supporting new ideas whether we like them or not. Many cool things were invented in someone's garage. Jut my 2 cents.

#9 Sajo, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. redbert31

redbert31 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +1,596
    I would definitely be interested when these prototype mods are available. Especially a good wireless charger that I could use without taking off my protective case ( I'm a klutz and have already broken the zagg glass screen protector even with that case on. P.s. zagg was wonderfully efficient about replacing the glass screen protector)

11. redbert31

redbert31 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +1,596
    @ RETG. I agree..I have an Incipio case I love but would like to see wireless charging with my case on...

12. redbert31

redbert31 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +1,596
    Agreed!

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

indego edge mod for moto z

moto z light mod