Moto Z Droid Accessories

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the official thread for the Moto Z Droid accessories.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
@TxDoc post gave me an idea. Why not use this thread to discuss our Moto Mod usage. Post things like, which ones do you use? What cool ways have you found to use your Moto Mods? Do you use a battery Mod at all times, or when needed? Had any "ah-ha" moments where a Moto Mod came in handy? Etc., etc. This would be for all Z Series phones. Share your stories & ideas.

1.) Last week I was in a room alone with 8 computers and tasked to gather a bunch of data and compile a report for management. There were only 2 people in the building, everyone else was off for a Holiday break (which I was supposed to be also, but that's another story). I thought, "I wish I had my BT speaker with me, some music would make this better". Then I remembered I had my JBL Mod in my backpack in my office. I cranked up some Led Zeppelin and the whole project was much more fun, and helped motivate me. :cool:

2.) A few days ago my wife and I had to visit a family member in a Hospital in part of a city we weren't familiar with. I knew we would need to use Maps, which does drain battery. I started to round up the car chargers for each of us and then remembered we both have a fully charged battery Mod (one Incipio and one Kate Spade). We brought those with us and snapped them on when needed. An awesome way to add extra charge without fiddling with cables in the car. :)

3.) Since we can't really design a true custom Moto Maker phone with the Z series like we could with the Turbo 2 and Moto X Series I ordered 4 Style Shell Mods. One red ballistic nylon for the wife (she loves it) and a black leather, silver oak and washed oak for me. Now I can change the look & style of my phone as often as I want and keep it looking fresh. :cool:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This is a Very nice Topic. I have the Speaker Mod and Incipio Battery Mod. I do want the Camera Mod but will wait on the Price to drop. I just ordered a Gun Metal Shell for it. I would like to see a Mod that would be like how Project Ara was to be. can have Mods within it for more storage, Battery, Speaker whatever. that would be the Mod to Rule all Mods.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Since there are only 2 of us in the building today I am jamming some tunes on my JBL Sound Mod in my office. Makes Monday a little more tolerable. :cool:

tomthbomb

Reaction score
moto insta-share projector

Who has it and how does it work for you? I got one with my Moto Z Force and didn't really use it much. I got it back out of the drawer to try it on my Z4 and was somewhat underwhelmed by the quality of the images even when the projector was only a couple of feet from the white wall I was projecting to.

What has been your experience with it and do you have any tips for making the image quality better other than being in a completely dark room?

Thanks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have one and it works OK if the room is very dark. That's about the only tip I can offer from my limited use with it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk