Moto Z Droid $1 @ Best Buy with free speaker mod

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
To be fair; still takes longer then... And not as bright as...

*Chop Chop*

And what if you have a dark wallpaper?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And there are a few apps in the Play Store that can add this feature in your phone. But, of course, they have odd permissions... WiFi?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To be fair; still takes longer then... And not as bright as...

*Chop Chop*

And what if you have a dark wallpaper?

Hitting a button takes longer than an exaggerated arm movement? I don't know what method you use to press buttons..

I have a darker wallpaper and the screen brightness down below halfway and can still light up the stairs at night. Keep chopping away though, probably feels pretty cool.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Take it easy Kansas. I think you may have taken that wrong. No offense taken here and I don't think any was meant. I thought it pretty obvious, I'm smack talking.

You have to turn your screen on, and aren't you looking at it when you do that to ensure that it came on? Now you have to actually TURN the phone around to shine on whatever. *Chop Chop* I've already beat you.

But it's ok. I get it. I was just like you guys once: a non believer. In the dark, you might say. Using the face of my phone for light. Downloading apps to even enable the feature or to add a quick toggle. This isn't exactly my first phone.
I bought that first Turbo, not for chop to flash...no. I bought it for that fat battery. In fact, I think I even may have said it publicly here before I bought: those hand motions are just a gimmick.
But then I tried them....
And....
I saw the light. I was wrong. It's no gimmick. It's almost a reason to stay with Moto because no one does flashlight better.
Almost to a person, as you can read in this thread, people say: "I didn't think I'd like it, but I do. A lot".
It really is that good.
I bought the 2nd Turbo for the shatter proof screen..... Or was it really for...

*Chop Chop*

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No harm done. Just a friendly reminder.

If I thought someone was actually being offended or offensive, I'd use the PM function.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Riddle me this, Moto owners: when you show someone chop to flash in your phone, what do they invariably say?
"That's cool". Indeed.
#CaseRested

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No harm done. Just a friendly reminder.

If I thought someone was actually being offended or offensive, I'd use the PM function.

In for noods!!!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Take it easy Kansas. I think you may have taken that wrong. No offense taken here and I don't think any was meant. I thought it pretty obvious, I'm smack talking.

You have to turn your screen on, and aren't you looking at it when you do that to ensure that it came on? Now you have to actually TURN the phone around to shine on whatever. *Chop Chop* I've already beat you.

But it's ok. I get it. I was just like you guys once: a non believer. In the dark, you might say. Using the face of my phone for light. Downloading apps to even enable the feature or to add a quick toggle. This isn't exactly my first phone.
I bought that first Turbo, not for chop to flash...no. I bought it for that fat battery. In fact, I think I even may have said it publicly here before I bought: those hand motions are just a gimmick.
And....
I saw the light. I was wrong. It's no gimmick. It's almost a reason to stay with Moto because no one does flashlight better.
Almost to a person, as you can read in this thread, people say: "I didn't think I'd like it, but I do. A lot".
It really is that good.
I bought the 2nd Turbo for the shatter proof screen..... Or was it really for...

*Chop Chop*

No. I slide my finger over the fp sensor and the screen is instantly on. No hand swatting, no button pushing, etc.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Riddle me this, Moto owners: when you show someone chop to flash in your phone, what do they invariably say?
"That's cool". Indeed.
#CaseRested

Yes. I told this story in the Turbo 2 section, but here is the short version. Helping 5 co-workers with an outdoor construction project. Gets dark. Need light to pick up tools, nails, screws, etc. They all have Samsung phones. They swipe, tap, click, etc. I watch....then chop, chop. Flashlight on. All 5 of them: how did you do that? That was cool. Where is that on my phone?

It's not. Should have bought a Moto.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not saying it's not handy, it is, just not the game changer you're making it out to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Moto, I've had a few myself.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
...I even may have said it publicly here before I bought: those hand motions are just a gimmick.
And....
It really is that good.

*Chop Chop*

That was me. I'm using both hands motions now and love them.

Err, that sounds really awkward.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, here goes. Walk onto the front porch with my daughter...right when the porch light bulb decides to die she screams because she thinks she saw a spider on the railing. Chop...chop... flashlight. No spider and all is good.