Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I'm not clear on how they get paid for it though? Unless Pere's right and they're going to double my line access fee, how do they make any money on the deal? If my VZW bill stays the same, I don't think VZW is going to pay BB on my behalf or anything.
If I'm not mistaken Verizon will pay BB a commission because you signed a contract. They got you to lock in for 2 years.

Back when I sold contracts, we got really good money getting people to sign up we could drop phone prices big time because all the money was in the contract payment.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Will do as long as they don't charge me $20 extra a month.

I was as big of a Moto fanboy as you back in the day. Droid, droid X, droid 2 r2-d2 for a few days, bionic.

Will be interesting to see how they've changed after all of this time with Sammy & now Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
It's pretty much stock Android these days. You will not see much Moto Blur like you may remember. Pretty vanilla Android with the Moto App; that's the awesome part. You can set it up for all of the hands free, always listening, read texts while driving, cool stuff.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My wife's on the OG Turbo and I'm tempted to get her this. I'm under the same impression, they make the money off locking you into a contract, which shouldn't matter to you if you don't plan on leaving Verizon anytime soon, which I don't.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's pretty much stock Android these days. You will not see much Moto Blur like you may remember. Pretty vanilla Android with the Moto App; that's the awesome part. You can set it up for all of the hands free, always listening, read texts while driving, cool stuff.

Not to mention Chop to Flash and Twist to Cam. The stuff Sajo mentioned and these are what make it hard to leave Moto for me.
Yeah, I was kinda bummed about them not including at least the camera shortcut on the Nexus. Double-tap power for camera is nice. My wife was impressed when she first saw that, but I think I'll love chop for flash for sure. It's nice having the toggle on the notification bar, but not having to fumble with it and just chop should come in handy.

My wife's on the OG Turbo and I'm tempted to get her this. I'm under the same impression, they make the money off locking you into a contract, which shouldn't matter to you if you don't plan on leaving Verizon anytime soon, which I don't.

Same here. AT&T is the only other option in my area and their service and reception don't compare. Obviously I'm going to stick around for another couple of years.

Still seems to good to be true, but I haven't seen my bill stuff change at all yet. Guess we'll see when I get the phone. Same size sim as my 6P, so I don't think I'll activate the new sim unless I HAVE to. Would much rather just pop in the one I already have. I know that was the trick to keep UDP back in the day, so maybe if there IS some sort of increased monthly fee, that will skirt me around it. Haha!

I think I'm good though. I printed off the chat where the BB rep told me it won't change my monthly bill, so if nothing else, I should have no trouble returning it if my bill does change.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Double tap ftw. Screw that hand chopping crap. Been there done that. Twisting wrists no thanks.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Sorry but there is no comparison. Chop is far faster then tap. Much easier.
Tap to Flash... OMG! What are we living in 2014? :D

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
How is it faster? Have you done tests? Have you ever touched a nexus 6p?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

How is it faster? Have you done tests? Have you ever touched a nexus 6p?

Oh, you guys know I'm going to test this when the Z gets here.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Touched? Yes. Played with "Tap to Cam"? No. Do you have to wake the screen first?
How do you turn the flashlight on?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Oh, you guys know I'm going to test this when the Z gets here.

Good, you can be our "scientific" test to prove to the world once & fore all that chop to activate flashlight is faster. :cool:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Who is talking about flashlight? I'm talking about taking a photo. Double tap power button done. It's really not that hard. Better than twisting my wrist like a fool or having it go off in my pocket like it used to.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK...so he can test both twist for camera and chop for flashlight.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Who is talking about flashlight?

Well this started the conversation:
Not to mention Chop to Flash and Twist to Cam. The stuff Sajo mentioned and these are what make it hard to leave Moto for me.

And since you apparently have no comment on Flashlight I'm assuming you need to like... click stuff.
Advantage MOTO.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Well this started the conversation:

And since you apparently have no comment on Flashlight I'm assuming you need to like... click stuff.
Advantage MOTO.
Don't need click anything. Two finger pull, flashlight is there. Never use it pointless having it.