Moto xoom Wifi only release date

mickdabom

Reaction score
Ok. Now does anyone know the release date for Wifi version of the xoom? I heard for 599 usd... is this factual?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Newton122189

Reaction score
The Motorola CEO confirmed the $600 pricepoint but the release date hasn't even been hinted at, could be a month or two in order to boost sales of data plans

OP
M

mickdabom

Reaction score
I have an archos 101 and might sell it and get the xoom does xoom have full usb 2.0 host? Does it have mini hdmi? Or micro like droid x? Does the xoom support flash yet?

Newton122189

Reaction score
I don't mind answering your questions but you could have probably found most of this out with a simple Google search

It has micro HDMI like Droid x, its doesn't have flash but it should be here in the next few weeks, and I don't know what full USB 2.0 host means, can you explain?

OP
M

mickdabom

Reaction score
The kind of usb host port you would find on your computer laptop xbox 360 ps3. A host port for plugging in a camera or flashdrive.

Newton122189

Reaction score
No it has micro USB and micro HDMI, a regular USB port would be huge, this thing is really thin, it would prolly take up too much room

OP
M

mickdabom

Reaction score
The archos 101 has one and its only 12 mm thick. Id be really sad if it didn't :(

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Host usb support will come via a system update.

OP
M

mickdabom

Reaction score
So itll be introduced later on? Like a different model?

Sent from my A101IT using DroidForums App

KSR17

Reaction score
I want the Xoom but I may be waiting a month or two to see if the Wifi version comes out. We already have a netbook and like 5 phones on Verizon, so I don't want to add more and pull the bill up further even. $600 is a good price for the device. :)

Will it be exactly like the 3G version (only minus the 3G of course)? I'm hoping the processor and space and such will all be the same... xD

LocoRon

Reaction score
So itll be introduced later on? Like a different model?

Sent from my A101IT using DroidForums App

I have no clue about USB host support on the Xoom, but generally a system update would just be an upgrade to the firmware (ie, software), and not a new model. ;)

Also, to be clear, a USB A port is not necessary for host support... the ability to host is a software feature. :)

OP
M

mickdabom

Reaction score
Doesn't an a port provide much faster speeds? I mean if you look at its connection to the motherboard its tiny and it can deliver up to 11 megabytes
So I guess I kinda get how it could be fast

LocoRon

Reaction score
The width of the connector doesn't matter.

All USB 1.x/2.0 connections have the same four wires, regardless of plug type, and the same throughput. (Edit: By "the same throughput", I am of course referring to when compared to the same version. A USB 2.0 device has more throughput than a USB 1.x device, of course.)

(USB 3.0 has eight wires, and some crazy fast speed. :D )

Last edited:
OP
M

mickdabom

Reaction score
3.0 damnnnn wow