Moto X Specs and Demo Video

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Caesars

Caesars Senior Member

Ratings:
    +121
    I didn't even catch that, I'll toss it into the "no way"list hehe.

GS4/iPhone5

2. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm actually tired of lugging this giant screen around. It was cool in the beginning but now it just annoyingly weights down my pockets.

32gb is more than enough space for me. All I need on my phone is my music, which is only around 10 gb, a 1 or 2 ebooks, and maybe a small game like Candy Crush. I really don't understand why people act like they need hundreds of GB on their phone. To me, that just means you're using your phone wrong or you're a hoarder :)

3. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    So what is so special about this phone.

4. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    Because you like something, does not mean everyone should like the same thing, get my drift.

5. IIGood

IIGood Silver Member

Ratings:
    +282
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    Sure do...and do you get your drift? ;)

I truly wonder just how many people out there screaming about the lack of memory, etc, actually use that? I think Android's ultimate vision is "in the cloud"...have everything accessible without "weighing down" the device. Google's offering all these online services to sync with all your devices: Google Music, Google Drive, etc...the sync capability is there so you don't HAVE to worry about having that data on one device and needing it when you don't have that device available.

6. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    I have been using a micro SD card since the HTC Incredible, I like the freedom of being able to carry my high resolution movies and high resolution music wherever I go, and not needing data to access it, like on the subway, or places where data access is just bad, or for people who are limited with their data allotment from their carrier. And the same goes for removable battery, nice to be able to swap out a depleted one with a fresh one in no time, especially if you are not around a charging station, like wall outlet, or PC, for people on the go it's a huge plus, hey but that is just me and millions of others, not saying you should feel the same way, or like what I like.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

#30 cybertec69, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  7. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +7,617
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 10+
    I'd like to use cloud only for things I really need...and I don't like getting pushed into anything...lol
    Keep the cloud and I will use my sd card and backup data to my laptop my way...

30GB used so far and I don't play many games on this phone..

Edit: my battery goes all day but I also like it when I can swap one on the go ..just me

[​IMG]

N2 tap'd HD

#31 bkdodger, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  8. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    It's not hard with a decent amount of music. Mine is all 320kbps, so 3500-4000 songs would fill-up 32gigs by itself. I could probably whittle my collection down, but why? I like all kinds of music and never know what or who I will be in the mood to listen to. Sometimes I like to listen to a single artist the entire time I'm on the plane, and other times I just like to play randomly. And that's the problem - no signal on a plane.

I'll never go back to less than 64gigs on a phone. Cloud also isn't practical with data limits - if I were to stream my music an hour a day working out I'd blow thru like 4gigs alone in a month. Granted, I have unlimited data, for now.

9. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +14
    What I hate most is the phone will check first with your carrier before allowing you to tether. I've got enough to worry about with the NSA on my back now my phone is spying for my carrier. And a locked boot loader.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

10. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This.

I wasn't saying everyone should be like me. I'm just saying I don't see how people claim that SD cards and having tons of storage space is a necessity. Sometimes I feel like people are just looking for something to complain about. I used to be one of those guys that thought they needed tons of storage space. Then I realized I used less than 10gb for music and the rest was old downloads: I'd have a CM 9 zip when was CM 10 out or some old pdf that I mistakenly downloaded.

I don't think Google, Moto, HTC, etc. are removing SD cards because they want to forsake us, maybe it's because they realized people don't actually need over 32gb of storage if you actually think about it. Like IIGood said, every type of media we consume nowadays is "in the cloud". Your music, documents, movies, photos, news, books. This isn't the age of cassette players and CD-ROMs, this is the age of cloud storage.

11. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    No, storage is cheap. Why are pc's coming out with more and more storage if people don't need it? Apple has been gradually upping the storage options with each new IPhone.

Google wants the data in the cloud so they can mine it and make money. The carriers want it (and make no mistake, they often sign-off on specs for phones for their network) because people will ultimately need more data.

12. DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Actually as a Desktop Tech/Sysadmin, I have loaded my phone up with installers, drivers, diagnostic software, and disk images. That way If I forget my flash drive at home I still have a good bit with me to get me by in a pinch.

I don't carry much as far as photos or music. It is not necessary for me to have the space, but it would be nice to have for that "just in case I need it scenario"

Search tags for this page
access demo mode moto x
droid moto ultra demo mode
droid ultra demo mode
moto ultra demo mode
moto x

moto x demo mode

moto x price

moto x specs

moto x store demo
store demo moto x