[Moto X Rumors] Won't be a 'Droid' on VZW; Customization Options; Advanced SW & More

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope... you misunderstood the post. It isn't that Verizon won't get the handset... it's that it won't be a Droid.

OK...

The new Moto X phone will not be coming to Verizon as a "Droid" device, but instead will keep its unified Moto X branding.

didn't read that^^ as "not coming to VZW" but...

Availability – in August, US first, Verizon not likely to get it, other countries to get in Q4. Will also sell unlocked.

*that* sure sounds like "not coming to VZW." I'm confused.

-Matt

Yellowhammer

Reaction score
motorola is kicking out a phone that is basically on par with last years galaxy s 3
Most smartphone buyers don't care about the hardware specs. They want something new and cool. The xPhone appears to be gunning for the iPhone crowd.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
$300 for waterproof, dustproof phone with battery that will outlast everything else on the planet will be very tempting, even with mediocre specs. the most important features are covered, everything else is not as critical. carriers can basically give them out free from get go on contract renewals.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Sooooo... I'm thinking that this is basically going to be a RAZR HD with 2GB of RAM, a massive battery, beautiful screen, jam packed with sensors and tricked out software. Right?

I think the first question is... Is there anything that the RAZR HD does where it feels under powered? If the answer is no then I think its processor is a non-issue. I'm thinking it's going to be sold off contract with a base price way below $299... I'm guessing $149-$199 with a huge personalization aftermarket. At that price you'd really have nothing to complain about.

I don't get the whole wallpaper or ringtone selling point since you get that in every phone since 2005.

I still really believe this phone is shipping with an rf360 chip. They need to make it with indestructible guts. And if it has these things it will be the defacto standard global baseline smartphone.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Guess I'm feeling underwhelmed about this line of phones so far. Perhaps I'll forego Motorola for another couple of years and wait for something with a little more "Wow" factor.

nateohio

Reaction score
Looks like I made the right decision jumping away from Motorola and going with the S4. They are never going to recover if they continue to put out mediocre hardware.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
This doesn't seem like a Hero phone.

The specs are yester year. On the other hand it's good for a midrange.

Maybe in October there will be a real hero phone

My 2 cents

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My phone idea would be 5.0" even zero bezel with Qualcomm 800 4k mah battery 1080p LCD SD card support up to 128 GB 2-3 GB ram dual lte mimo stylus with RAZR Maxx durability. Id call it moto droid RAZR infinity if I had it my way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums