Moto X Review Thread - Please add your personal reviews.

Snoking

Reaction score
The Moto X is my third smart phone. I had a OG Droid for two years, and finally rooted it near the end. Did not use the slide keyboard that much. Sold it on CL when I got the HTC Rezound. I liked the Rezound a lot and added the OEM extended battery. It had really good radio's and a very good camera. It did however have data freeze issues requiring one to go in and out of airplane mode to free up. We will keep the RZ as a fall back phone and service etc.

DW said she wanted a smart phone so that she could text the grandkids easier. So we built a Moto X on motomaker for her with colors she wanted. That worked will and the phone arrived quickly as designed. I got to play around with it until she started to hid it from me!! Ha! Ha! Get your own! So I did.

I was 3 months from my upgrade date and have been with Verizon from Air Touch days in Seattle. So after the third call they allowed a change in upgrade date.

I ordered a black M.X from Amazon for $49.99 (I know it is $.01 now, and I sent them an email about that). On edit: Amazon fixed that for me. Thank You. Phone arrived in two business days. I activated via the 4646 number and used Motorola Migrate to transfer just about everything over. Contacts, Gmail and such was restored from google account.

I use NS Wallet to store logon and password info. The app came over, however I had to go find the data file on the RZ and move it to the M.X.

It did two updates to firmware to get to KitKat.

What I like:

1. It is smooth and fast as everyone is reporting.
2. Switches to and from WiFi seamlessly.
3. Active Display is great.
4. Voice texting is very accurate in translating voice to text.
5. Battery life seems very good for a 2200ma battery. The RZ had the 2750 and this is as good or better.
6. It is smooth and fast, did I say that already? It is smooth and fast.
7. I was able to set it up very similar to the old RZ. Comfortable shoe thingy!
8. Plugs into computer without a lot of fuss. RZ required selection of charge or access to files, and it kick off HTC and Verizon apps on the desktop.
9. Charges very fast.
10. It is smooth and fast! Oh! I said that!

Things I bought along:

1. Smart Keyboard PRO
2. Notification Toggle. Easily provides battery percentage, and has tailorable toggles that appear with single finger pull down.
3. Dolphin Browser, however I am test driving Chrome for now.
4. Some other toggle apps that I may not need.+-

Things I am adapting to:

1. Size, the screen is the same size as the RZ, however it is physically much smaller. I have large hands. I have a case showing up tomorrow that I will comment on.
2. Chrome browser
3. Plugging the charger in, as it seems like a tight fit on both the M.X's
4. Finding top and bottom. I put a piece of white label tape at the bottom of the screen as a reference. See attached picture.

Things that I do not like:

1. Ringtone and Notification volume on a single slider.
2. 16MB of storage might be an issue that requires management.
3. Loss of 4G signal transfer arrows. Note: They are visible in the two finger pulldown or single finger and more settings button top left.
4. Not sure if a miss the charge light or not.

So feel free to add to this thread.

Chris

Attachments

• DSCF1448.JPG
    DSCF1448.JPG
    542.9 KB · Views: 377
OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
I received my Cimo Case today. I think I am going like it. Has grippe sides and makes the phone slightly bigger for my large hands. AND it has the cutout in the back.

All four corners are protected. And the face is now slightly recessed.

Ordered a blue one for DW, plus a red spare.

Chris

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131202_153616.png
    ForumRunner_20131202_153616.png
    169 KB · Views: 409
  • ForumRunner_20131202_153633.png
    ForumRunner_20131202_153633.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 330
OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Well I have had a Chrome browser problem a couple times on rv.net. When I try to make a post it hangs in the popup window indicating the post is being made. This time I closed the browser and restarted it and worked. Chris

lowvolt

Reaction score
Moto x has 16 GB of storage. Nice case. Where did you get it? Don't you think this phone is smooth and fast?

via my slapped KIT KAT moto X

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Wife's Blue back M.X with blue Cimo case. Chris

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131206_153225.png
    ForumRunner_20131206_153225.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 370
OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Well a couple weeks now and still really liking the M.X! It just works very well.

Battery life is very good also.

Chris