Moto x pure or nexus 5 2015

kregstrong

Reaction score
I'm gonna buy one of these 2 phones, any suggestions? I have moto x second gen right now, love nexus devices but not sure which will be better of these 2. Found a good deal on moto x pure but don't wanna buy til I decide

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can't Answer until Google officially releases the Nexus 2015, but right now I would lean toward the Moto X Pure.

OP
K

kregstrong

Reaction score
Can't Answer until Google officially releases the Nexus 2015, but right now I would lean toward the Moto X Pure.
Any specific reasons? Guess not alot of info on the nexus yet

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any specific reasons? Guess not alot of info on the nexus yet

The Moto X Pure is the Nexus 6 improved. Better battery life, fully customizable, and a better camera. I love my Nexus 6 and find it hard to find a device that can unseat it. If you were one who passed on the Nexus 6 you get another shot with the Moto pure.

The Nexus 5 2015 will be the cheaper version of the Nexus so I have to wonder where Google is going to cut in order to sell it at the $350 price point that people are wanting it to be.

OP
K

kregstrong

Reaction score
The Moto X Pure is the Nexus 6 improved. Better battery life, fully customizable, and a better camera. I love my Nexus 6 and find it hard to find a device that can unseat it. If you were one who passed on the Nexus 6 you get another shot with the Moto pure.

The Nexus 5 2015 will be the cheaper version of the Nexus so I have to wonder where Google is going to cut in order to sell it at the $350 price point that people are wanting it to be.
Hmm decisions,

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Keep in mind the size difference too. The Moto has the best screen to body ratio, but it's still a 5.7" device vs the rumored 5.2" (?) Nexus 5, which will likely be closer to the size of your current x.

OP
K

kregstrong

Reaction score
Keep in mind the size difference too. The Moto has the best screen to body ratio, but it's still a 5.7" device vs the rumored 5.2" (?) Nexus 5, which will likely be closer to the size of your current x.
Yea that's true, that huawei nexus sounds cool but its most likely going to be way more expensive than these 2. I liked my nexus 6 but it sure was a monster

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The x is a BIT smaller than the 6, but not a lot. Moto does have a 14 day grace period according to the Moto maker site, so you could potentially get it in your hand if you don't have a Best Buy near that has a display model.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea that's true, that huawei nexus sounds cool but its most likely going to be way more expensive than these 2. I liked my nexus 6 but it sure was a monster

Huawei Nexus will be a large device as well.

If Google continues their trend with their Nexus releases, you may not get a Nexus in hand until November.