Moto X or Nexus 5 User out there?

Reaction score
That switched from the Bionic to one of the two phones listed in the topic title? If so, is the camera better or worse then the Bionic??

DrakeMK3

Reaction score
My father an I both have/had Bionics with extended batteries. He got a Moto X (he works for Motorola) and I've been able to play with it a bit. In my opinion, the camera operates MUCH better than on the Bionic with similar if not better quality.

jadesaber2

Reaction score
Moto X user here. Camera is much better, especially after the recent update they pushed out.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My wife had the Bionic and she now has the Moto X, like others have said after the upgrade the camera is much better. She loves the Moto X, where she hated using the Bionic.

OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
So then coming from a Bionic to either of these two phones is not a step down, but a step up. Good to know!!!

All those reviews ranting about the camera had me worried, not anymore! Can't wait for my Moto X to arrive!

OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
As expected, the camera delivered although NOT with the Motorola Camera App but rather the Camera Zoom FX app.

The quality difference is very noticeable even though both cameras are the same MP

Zanzaras

Reaction score
My father an I both have/had Bionics with extended batteries. He got a Moto X (he works for Motorola) and I've been able to play with it a bit. In my opinion, the camera operates MUCH better than on the Bionic with similar if not better quality.

How does the battery life compare between the Bionic with its 2760 mah oem extended battery and the Moto X's 2200mah battery?

TatDroid

Reaction score
How does the battery life compare between the Bionic with its 2760 mah oem extended battery and the Moto X's 2200mah battery?

My X gives me very similar battery life as my Bionic with extended battery did - maybe even a bit better (at about half the thickness).

jamjr74

Reaction score
I've had the moto x and nexus 5. Camera much better on nexus in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TatDroid

Reaction score
I've had the moto x and nexus 5. Camera much better on nexus in my opinion.
Just curious, jamjr - did you have the Moto X early on, or after the camera update (which I believe was around early November?)

jamjr74

Reaction score
I had it after the update. I thought the camera was terrible. It would take good shots from time to time but overall the majority of pics were poor. I have seen some say they like the camera but for me it was a deal breaker.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DrakeMK3

Reaction score
My X gives me very similar battery life as my Bionic with extended battery did - maybe even a bit better (at about half the thickness).

Agreed. It's better and thinner than the bionic with the extended battery.